springs

has anyone put springs like h and r or eibach on a cup set up?? iv heard its bad but id like to no specifics.. raptor i believe you have some experience mate lol u seem to know everything.. any advice would be great

I had them on my R27 and I think it ruined the ride quality completely, and made the car unpredictable at speed on less than perfect roads.

I'd save up for coilovers.

has anyone put springs like h and r or eibach on a cup set up?? iv heard its bad but id like to no specifics.. raptor i believe you have some experience mate lol u seem to know everything.. any advice would be great

A friend of mine had Eibachs on his R27 and it was terrible - he had them just long enough for the KW V3 to arrive.

Don't do it.

If you want to lower your car go for the coilovers.

This is a question i wanted answered too, so thanks :smile:

Is it really that bad? I can't really justify paying for coilovers and im well aware that if i want the best i got to pay for the best..

This is a question i wanted answered too, so thanks :smile:

Is it really that bad? I can't really justify paying for coilovers and im well aware that if i want the best i got to pay for the best..

YES - IT'S THAT BAD - so bad he went immediately for coilovers that are 8x expensive than the springs.

If go for springs, are H&R or Eibach as firm as stock ones or more?
One mate wants his car a little lower, but doesn't want to make car uncomfortable, then stock.

Does his car have Cup suspension? The H&R's I had came off a 'non Cup' 197 on which they were fine. However, on my R27, with Cup shocks/dampers the ride was WAY too firm, as Raptor says.

We have 197 in Russia only one available option of the car, suppose it's Luxe, not Cup, cant' conclude about shocks/dampers..

Then I would say you would be okay - the Lux version doesn't have cup suspension, and when lowered is still a fairly comfortable ride. It's the Cup suspension which spoils the ride quality

Eibach doesn't lower the car as much as H&R

I have Eibachs and I am very satisfied with the handling and the absorption of shocks, however if I have a passenger the car becomes very crashy

So the best choice would be KW v1 as the cheapest one? :smiley:D

If Eibach doesn't lower why should we go for them? Are H&R stiffer? (How long stock shock absorbers will live with lower springs?)