Spraying front upper grilles.

Just been down to the local bodyshop to enquire about getting my grilles sprayed black as im fed up of how faded they look!
Now then my question to you guys is do i go gloss or matte?
Me and the guy at the bodyshop agreed a matte finish would match in better with the lower grille but im not 100% convinced.

I know a few others on here have done this, so what did you use, gloss or matte? And would you do it the same again or go the other?

Cheers

Il take a risk with stone chips, can always touch up.

Think im gona go matte tho, only the upper ones though, the lower is fine a perfectly black and the far enough apart not too notice a difference between them i dont think, we'll see anyway.

Cheers for responses, about £45 they want, Sounds reasonable?

£45 sounds good if its a proper job! Which im sure it will be! Need to do mine when i get it back tbh.

Yea it will be a proper job, there a quality place tbh, do lots of custom bike sprays which look awesome!
Its something thats bugs the hell out of me but its just one of those things that takes agaes to get round to doing.

How much are new grills from Renault? I've used that much back to black on mine, my painter reckons there'll be far to much silicone on it for the paint to stick!

did mine myself, first i cleaned then down with thinners, waited for them to dry, then gave it a coat of primer (getting in the nucks and crannys) once dry gave them a few coats of satin black hammerite (leave to dry between coats) ive had them on the car about a month and wash the car a few times since them and they are still looking good.

How much are new grills from Renault? I've used that much back to black on mine, my painter reckons there'll be far to much silicone on it for the paint to stick!

use some thinner to clean/dry the plastic out.

These are piss easy to spray yourself and will cost you ~£10 in paint.

Have a look at my project thread for the results I got, start to finish took me about 30 minutes.