Sprayed callipers blue

They look brilliant mate

ace! i want mine doing

Cracking job, where did you get the stickers from mate?

Very smart!

Thank you for the positive feedback guys I was inspired and used the guidance from JamesAllen. I gave my calipers more coats of paint and used a very high temperature paint as a base coat.

You can get the stickers from eBay from the link here:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1106384131...84.m1439.l2649

I plan on painting my alloys black gloss using a powder coat finish. This will certainly set off a car and improve the looks and set the calipers off nicely :thumbup:

Cheers guys and than JamesAllen

It appears that the eBay link is invalid however if you can find brembo stickers are on eBay for next of to nothing and they are brilliant

Very good job! As much as I dislike the place, halfords isn't bad for paint selection! If you want a better variety, paints4u are good, £25 for two large spray cans!

Only thing I'd say is that I would have primed them before adding the colour, can help with durability and makes sure it doesn't peel.

Is it just me that thinks this is a very pikey way of doing this? You've got paint all over the place, on the pins, the brake lines, the discs etc

I think there's only me thats done it properly!

I personally chose to hand paint mine instead of spray. Using halfords caliper paint. More than a year down the line and still perfect! Good colour match for Albi blue too! :smile:

I personally chose to hand paint mine instead of spray. Using halfords caliper paint. More than a year down the line and still perfect! Good colour match for Albi blue too! :smile:

How did you make sure the brembo stickers stay on nicely, did you have to spray clear coat!?

Is it just me that thinks this is a very pikey way of doing this? You've got paint all over the place, on the pins, the brake lines, the discs etc

You would think that as you have the knowledge, tools and the skills to carry it out properly mate :smile:

I'll have to do it the sort of bodged way, at the end of the day people won't be inspecting my calipers :tongueout:

Is it just me that thinks this is a very pikey way of doing this? You've got paint all over the place, on the pins, the brake lines, the discs etc...

theres nothing stopping anyone by removing the pins/pads etc

I know not everyone is confident enough to remove the calipers, but at least strip them down before painting and mask things up properly!

When I get round to doing mine I'll definitely take the pads out, and mask everything off ie brake lines etc, going to wait till it warms up though.

If I've got baked on brake dust should I give it a quick sanding?

It would look no different to yours side by side. I would argue theres barely any different. There blue and improved and it's the easier way to do it. I've taken other bits off the car to spray, but in this occassion I didnt feel it was worth the time and effort, and painting in situ was good enough.

It looks the part, so, mission complete.

To confirm....

The blue on the lines is more ducts than anything and cannot be seen, and no doubt will collect with dirt over the years. The blue on the disk has rubbed off.

I am more than impressed with the finish and for a couple hours works the tranformation is very noticable.

Is lacquer ok to use on calipers then, I thought the heat generated from them would burn the lacquer? Hmm decisions!

Is lacquer ok to use on calipers then, I thought the heat generated from them would burn the lacquer? Hmm decisions!

i used two coats of lacquer to seal the sticker. I doubt the caliper will get that hot to burn the lacquer off, and even it they do I have a VHP on the base adhering to a well prepared caliper. I have no concerns...