Sports Cat: 100 Cell vs. 200 Cell...

Willis

The Gatekeeper
Platinum Member
Evening all!!!

I'm considering upgrading the exhaust on my 197. I've been looking at the Miltek and KTR Cat-back systems but I'm not sure how much of a difference a Cat-back only system will make if I retain the OEM Cat. I understand that less back pressure in an NA system means less torque? If this is the case then would a 200 Cell Cat be more beneficial in terms or retaining torque than a 100 Cell Cat?

So, firstly, is it worthwhile putting one of these systems on with and retaining the standard car?

And secondly, would a 100 Cell Cat give more of a gain in performance over a 200 Cell Cat?

I don't want to go down the Decat route, any advice appreciated.

Cheers,

Will

Last edited:
never really looked into this willis let me know how u get on for future reference

Ive currently got a milltek system with decat, but after having my car dyno'd saturday im sticking the cat back on, my bhp has gone up 3bhp but my tourque has come down by 10lb, The decat sounds excellent but i want my tourque back, not to sure on the sports cats though but judge but the cat the tourque loss isnt really worth it plus i think the standard cat is quite free flowing anyway, plus the 197 has 2x cats one just before the centre box and on in the manifold,

ive got the k tec with 100 cell sport cat, the car pulls quite well over the standard system.

Cheers guys, I'll look into the Sports Cat option then. :smile:

Ryan have you had any issues with the 100 Cell causing warning lights to come on?

From what I've read, on some cars it's not quite enough to stop the ECU panicing about emissions.