Some RS love from Israel

Hi guys,

New on the board, so here's a quick introduction:
Name is Maor, But I go by Sunny with my European colleagues (same meaning, easier for them to pronounce:tongueout:)
In my past I owned a BMW E30, Alfa-Romeo Mito QV, Subaru Impreza STI and the oh so embarrassing to admit- A Fluence Z.E.

I don't intend to make this about my history, but here's one I had to share. Love this picture.
26358429.jpg

After fooling around with the STI as a weekend toy, now there is a new need - a daily driver. Since I'm not actually rich, The weekend car had to go and I had to find a daily with some soul.
Eventually, I ended up with 2011 Clio 203.
The day I got it I had a meeting in the Jerusalem mountains, Which got surprisingly canceled as I was already arriving. No need to mention, I was not disappointed with the free time I had to play...
p1uh.jpg

I guess your Hebrew is a bit rusty, So I'll translate the sign : "Beware: Dangerous curves" . Yummy.

Funny enough, That sun you see there didn't stay there for long, and that weekend we got hit by a snow storm.
Israel being Israel, and that storm probably being my only chance to see some fresh snow falling down in the near future, We attacked the Jerusalem mountains once again (Only this time me, and my summer tires, actually paid attention to that sign...)

fjvc.jpg

st2n.jpg

j2xm.jpg

The storm has passed, Sun went out, Clock was set to 3:30AM and we took off to the northern road, one of the best mountain passes Israel has to offer.
2 X Clio 203 , 2 X Megane RS , 2 X Megane Cup , and some others.
Got there by Sunrise:
m5ds.jpg

yqyq.jpg

b7uc.jpg

And last, The main reason we are on this board

j7dy.jpg

olcd.jpg

That's all for now, Cheers from sunny IL :biggrin:

Nice little write up and welcome to the forum!

Shall look forward to seeing more pictures as and when you take some more :smile:

Gever, very nice, saw one 197 clio this christmas in tel aviv but so nice to see you have an Israel RS group going on there.

welcome to the forum!

Wow, did not see that coming... You, my friend, won a credit point :smiley:

Thank you all for the kind words, until next time- Here's a clip of my GF right before flipping out in that snow trip. She's Swedish so the conversation (or cries of terror) are in English for you convenience...
(the camera got dismounted, but you can still get a laugh out of her screaming...)
[video=youtube;sEFXooGs2a8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEFXooGs2a8[/video]

Last edited:
Wow, did not see that coming... You, my friend, won a credit point :smiley:

ha ha i cheated a little- i know Hebrew and was born in Israel. dads English mum is french and i live in London for past 18 years. joined the Renault RS scene this year. very cool to have a RS scene in Israel!