Some good driving...

Found this on youtube, dunno if the members on here, but wow! Makes me realise what these cars can do when driven properly!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC0YvtcFNHw[/YOUTUBE]

Right now I haven't done a single track day (aim to fix that soon in the 197) but to me it seemed like a couple of those over takes were a bit reckless and dangerous? or am I blabbering rubbish?

I know that a car should indicate right and let you pass but he seemed to be cutting it pretty fine.

And if thats his first time on the track then hats off to him he has big shiney metal balls.

Excellent driving that is, that focus was mentally quick, was gone on the straights!

for the horsepower difference dont think it got away that well really!

the guy must have been late for his tea...didnt take any prisoners going through the traffic :oops:

Right now I haven't done a single track day (aim to fix that soon in the 197) but to me it seemed like a couple of those over takes were a bit reckless and dangerous? or am I blabbering rubbish?

I know that a car should indicate right and let you pass but he seemed to be cutting it pretty fine.

And if thats his first time on the track then hats off to him he has big shiney metal balls.

The ring isn't a track day though it's a one way toll road. Also from what I've seen track days on the continent aren't as gentlemanly about the whole overtaking thing anyway.

Different world completely.

I thought the same Gam, but the 'ring is different rules to your regular track day. You are supposed to overtake on one side (I think) but from all the 'ring videos I've seen it looks like a bit of a free for all.

At a guess I'd say the guy is/was a race driver (be it karting, cars etc) or just a VERY committed track driver as he seems to have no fear of swapping paint with someone. That kind of attitude tends to come from someone whos been there and done that.

UK track days tend to be much more disciplined and overtaking on the correct side, indicating and not diving up somones inside mid corner like some crazed lunatic tend to be rules people (for the most part) stick to :smile:

The ring isn't a track day though it's a one way toll road. Also from what I've seen track days on the continent aren't as gentlemanly about the whole overtaking thing anyway.

Different world completely.

Understandable as it is the ring but still, I would like to think safety above shaving a couple of seconds of my lap time would is most peoples priorities.

I thought the same Gam, but the 'ring is different rules to your regular track day. You are supposed to overtake on one side (I think) but from all the 'ring videos I've seen it looks like a bit of a free for all.

At a guess I'd say the guy is/was a race driver (be it karting, cars etc) or just a VERY committed track driver as he seems to have no fear of swapping paint with someone. That kind of attitude tends to come from someone whos been there and done that.

UK track days tend to be much more disciplined and overtaking on the correct side, indicating and not diving up somones inside mid corner like some crazed lunatic tend to be rules people (for the most part) stick to :smile:

I'm with you on that mate he knew the track extremely well for his first time. He was obviously confident in his abilities and the clio.

I'll stick a tampon in myself now and shut up :smiley:

apparently it was his 1st time round.

That focus had some oomph, guy did well to stay with him

It was good but i thought a bit too good for the first time.

On youtube it says first time with clio, his second lap. :german:

He was going far too well for a first timer. :lol: