Some day off...

So i'm off work today and was really looking forward to it, but alas i will not be relaxing or having a cheeky lunch time drink.

My Girlfriend, in minus 8 degrees temperatures and with thick ice welding her wiper blades to the screen, she decided in her wisdom, that turning the wipers on would be the best way to free them from the icey grip....

.....it was not. Now the wipers do not work at all, great. :swear:

So now i have spend the day trying to get that fixed and also find out why both the doors have broken; i have to climb in and out through the boot.

Don't buy a Mini folks... very poor.

Just go to work Tom and leave it to her to sort out! :coffee:

Getting in though the boot (we need pictures) :smiley:

Just go to work Tom and leave it to her to sort out! :coffee:

Getting in though the boot (we need pictures) :smiley:

I'm on holiday mate! Well supposed to be anyway.
Unfortunately i can't photograph myself climbing in and out.

I take it your not working today Matt?

I'm on holiday mate! Well supposed to be anyway.
Unfortunately i can't photograph myself climbing in and out.

I take it your not working today Matt?

Yep.........Afternoon shift only 4 to do so not a full week, only just! :coffee:

Women eh !! Lol

I'm in nandos having lunch, I will have a cheeky drink for you Tom :wink: lol

Last edited:
the windows need to drop down for the doors to open dont they? maybe they just frozen solid, or the latch in the door is frozen. Be fine when it thaws out.

Lol I am off today too - just debating heading down to Ladybower to try my camera out. Nowt else planned so I will probably set off in 10. Must admit I laughed at the thought of climbing through a Mini, the boots are tiny!

Yeah women indeed Maz :tongueout:

I think I'd try that first with the doors, poor some luke warm water over the doors and windows and see if it works.

Thanks guys, warm water, piss, neither work.
I did try gently freeing the glass from the seals but that isn't the problem; Its an electrical fault.

The new Wiper motor is in the region of £150 fitted but no-one seems to have one in stock.

The doors are due to an electrical fault in the locking system; it only opens the boot.
This is apparently easier to fix, but its all money she don't have!!

f1team07: Hope Ladybower was good, i would have come and joined you (if you would have liked), i need to get some shots too but its minus 9 in Dronfield!

Lol yeah it was a spur of the moment thing otherwise I would have PM'd you earlier - would have been good, but it was -13 when I set off back home - not ideal weather lol!

P1000531.gif

Hope she manages to fix the mini without any problems. Might be an idea to just take it to the Car People and trade it in for a 197 lol :wink:

Blimey, i heard it was quite icey, what are the roads like?
Did you manage to take any photos or did you just end up with frost bite?! LOL

My Girlfriend couldn't afford the insurance on a 197... i suggested a Twingo 133 (as i secretly want one) but she turned her nose up at that one.

Yeah it was bitterly cold, but the roads were fine. a bit slippy on the actual road up to the dam but not too bad across all of the other roads, needless to say I didn't venture on to the Strines as I thought that would be a bit dicey!

I got loads of photos - will pop some up in a bit if you like!

God I have never heard of a girl turning down a Twingo (must confess I tried talking Emma into a Gordini 133, as I like them too!)

Seems like everyone is off now! :blowup:

I went over the strines to Bradfield brewery on Saturday morning (not in the Clio, Persy Peugeot all the way) and the roads were terrible. Hopefully taking the clio to Bakewell on Christmas eve if it doesn't snow! :bored:

Who is doing the Mini Tom?

Who is doing the Mini Tom?

Just a local guy my dad uses, would never take the 197 there tho.
It's a 51 plate so no point paying top dollar for a big garage.

What you going to Bakewell for, got yourself a date? Lol
Drop in on your way past.