So tell me this..

Whilst waiting for an accident to clear on the M25 last night after a miserable road trip in the 200 over to Essex to visit the parents, I started to wonder just what do those people that zip thru the average speed camera areas around the road works know that I dont ? I mean - there we all are doing the required 50mph when someone goes shooting past at 70 without a care in the world.

I can see how the bloke in the transit with the German plates could probably get away without a ticket but what about the rest of them ? Is there a way to avoid getting a ticket or are they just dumb ?

Thanks for listening - I feel better now.

Never really do it myself as I like to cruise at 50mph sometimes, but..

Usually 3 lanes in an average speed check, the cameras only pick you up for one lane, so you will usually see that **** going 80mph change lane after every camera, this way they arent averaged at the last camera. Still not a smart idea though as it's 50mph for a reason.

The changing lanes thing worked a few years ago but as far as I know that's been fixed now.

I've seen these people too and I just don't understand it, only thing I can think of is stolen car or stolen plates!

The changing lanes thing worked a few years ago but as far as I know that's been fixed now.

I've seen these people too and I just don't understand it, only thing I can think of is stolen car or stolen plates!

They have never bothered to fix it, would be too expensive, new cameras and tech. They even announced on their website that it was possible to still do it with the risk it "could still possibly pick you up"

Best bet is to stay at 50mph mate.

Stay at 50 mate. I can assure u changing lanes won't work all the time. Squad car drivers tell me all the time they work.

Good to see people getting tickets then tbh. Always a lot of work men around on average speed checks. I just enjoy the MPG on Suki going up when I come to them! :biggrin:

i've seen the guys doing the roadworks go through them at 60 plus many a time when they were doing the M6 near me , it's not wort risking it for the sake of a few minutes i'm too unlucky to get away with it