snow socks

with all this bad weather and no doubt more on the way hubby was thinking of getting something to help either for the clio or my fiesta.

looked at winter tyres but being in the south east, felt that we escaped most of the weather had a real snow down. (See snow pictures from thursday ) and had all mented saturday morning.

thought about snow chains but again will we be hit that bad and worried about any damage arriving and driving in a multi story.

finally read about snow socks, about £70 fitted in seconds and can be drived in snow and icy slush and up to 30mph on clear roads.

interested to know what you think

I dont think we need them tbh. Manual box, front wheel drive with the engine sat on the axle isnt much of a problem. Rear wheel drive, front engine is a different story.

I looked into these too as the Clio isn't great in the snow. They are a good idea as the little amount of snow we get means winter tyres aren't really worth while. You can't fit snow chains to the 197/200 either as they will ruin your alloys in a heartbeat. I think it would be a good thing to keep in your boot but TBH you then come across the same problem as always - nobody else on the roads is prepared and they get stuck, which means you get stuck behind them...

I agree.. RWD is a nightmare in the snow/ice.. just a slight twitch in the loud pedal and you're sideways before you know it!

I thought the 'snow socks' were limited to 40mph or something, making them a PITA if you need to use the motorway at any point.

Agreed, something handy to have in the boot though!

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Lukepanigale Gallery 0
RossWoods93 General Chat 53
W Clio 197 Area 2
Chris General Chat 23
slime Wheels and Tyres 8