Smoking Headlamps

Just looking for some advice on smoking my front headlamps.. Don't want them too dark, just a tint of black! I know it's not much to go on, but has anyone got this done?

Have you watched the video of doing it? It looks painstaking! I thought it was done from the inside? and with spray? Or am i being stupid lol!

well to spray you would also have to take the lights off and from the inside you would have to open the lights which are not possible or not even advisable.
that is how i thought it was done. but yes could be a pain, but only took him 10 minutes.

I've seen it done two ways - with the lamin-x like in the video shown (clean the surface, apply the lamin-x with heat, keep remoulding to get rid of the air gaps kinda thing, then trim the edges). Or i've seen with plastidip smoke, where they just spray the surface multiple times and it offers a smoke effect. Seems darker with the plastidip though..

I'd definitely go with lamin-x mate.

The company that I've heard of is 'flys eyes'

[YOUTUBE]vaNRO1k3n[/YOUTUBE]

The company that I've heard of is 'flys eyes'

Have you seen the' fly eyes' product up close? It really looks bad. Really bad. A guy near me has it on his Zafira GSi headlights and it makes me wince every time I see it.

Go for Lamin X. I have some of their yellow film on my fog lamps and it looks great IMO. Was easy to fit though I'll admit that the fog lamp lens is flat making it a lot easier than a headlamp.

Ive got spi vision on mine, its like fly eye, i found it very easy to use and doesnt look too bad imo

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 52
Have you seen the' fly eyes' product up close? It really looks bad. Really bad. A guy near me has it on his Zafira GSi headlights and it makes me wince every time I see it.

Go for Lamin X. I have some of their yellow film on my fog lamps and it looks great IMO. Was easy to fit though I'll admit that the fog lamp lens is flat making it a lot easier than a headlamp.

Fly eye looks horrible up close, Really hard to remove too!