Sky (tv)

M

Mentalpen

Just phoned them up and cancelled everything :blush:hmy:

Well i would have however they dropped my subscription from £75 a month (sky world HD and multiroom) to £42 for 3 months :zomg:

Just shows you how much they rip you off :angry:

might be worth a phone call..............

*****Disclaimer******
I'm not to blame if they are happy for you to leave :smiley:

Depends if you have access to other similar services eg. Virgin media.

A few colleagues have phoned up to cancel thinking they'd get a better deal but they know they are the only ones that can offer you these services if you are out with a virgin area.

Where I live!

Bloody lucky to have electricity for the full week, we asked BT (business) about fibre optic recently and they said we would be unlikely to get it ever as the exchange serves less than 700 houses.

Think he said he was charging us for sky entertainment extra package , sports and movies at £9 for both, half price HD and multiroom at like 50p.

anyway it was £42 all in.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are the same. New housing estate, miles from an exchange and no virgin stuff either.

Unfortunately it's either free view or Sky.

Yeah, our net connection is too slow for BT vision as well.

I told them we couldn't afford it I said £40 was our budget but one kid wanted films ,one wants sport and the other wanted both. So it wasn't fair etc, etc.

Tbh it's not worth £75 but don't notice them bumping it every other month. Time will tell in 3 months if they will keep it at it or not but I've saved nearly a tank and half in 3 months.....

Depends if you have access to other similar services eg. Virgin media.

A few colleagues have phoned up to cancel thinking they'd get a better deal but they know they are the only ones that can offer you these services if you are out with a virgin area.

yeah i have this issue so i'm stuck,grrrrr

I also think it depends who you speak to.

I moved to Virgin earlier in the year, when I rang to cancel Sky they made no attempt to keep me (other than slagging off virgin, which I found very unprofessional)

I think it was down to me saying it was cost that was the issue, i said from the start i was happy but couldn't afford it and didn't want to chose one kid over another etc, etc.

lad was most helpful who i spoke too but wouldn't do any longer than 3 months or less than 42.

might have been down to the system i guess.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Priyank.A Gallery 10
L Clio General Chat 12
Chris General Chat 13
Yiannis197 Site Traders 9
F General Chat 17