size of disc's

hi peep's just wondoering wot size are the front and rear brake disc's ?? thinking of getting some drilled and grooved ones coz at the minute the brakes are only could explain as sh*t i have to pump the brake pedal to even get a bit of braking and the noise one can say as a creaking noise coming from the front drivers side brake its so lound people look round when i brake !!! it's a 10 plate car only done 32.000 miles !!!!!!

fronts 312 ish rears 298 ish...

if you go to a shop they will be able to tell you ie year of car type etc...

You'll have the exact same problem with new discs.

Calipers need to be stripped and cleaned out!

Jay, listen to the advice being given above. Grab yourself a suitable set of punches, decent fluid (I'm using Castrol react performance) and clean up the calipers. There are a few guides to do in on here. Take your time.

Hi Jay, unless you have some nasty deposits on your discs I doubt they are the root of your problem. As suggested, check your fluid, bleed your brakes property, strip out/clean the calipers etc and check again before you start changing discs etc. And please

wot size r they anyway !!

spell the right way...

Also, why do the rears cost alot more to buy? I always thought the rear discs/pads don't do half as much, yet mine are 'on the limit' after 32k miles?

Would be very surprised if yours are on the limit at 32k miles. Mine have done 55k and a few trackdays with harder pads and are still OK

Also, why do the rears cost alot more to buy? I always thought the rear discs/pads don't do half as much, yet mine are 'on the limit' after 32k miles?

my rear discs have done 38k miles and are still ok to do another year yet - but they do get a yearly strip clean lube etc which I keep going on about on here saves you money in the long term as the brakes are kept in top condition and also benefits at mot time

Where can I find the rear discs at 300m online? I can only find the fronts at 312mm drilled and grooved but nowhere does the rears! Only for a 1.2/1.4 etc. This aint no good though!

Where can I find the rear discs at 300m online? I can only find the fronts at 312mm drilled and grooved but nowhere does the rears! Only for a 1.2/1.4 etc. This aint no good though!

I've heard that the Grooved disks on the Meg R26 fit the Clio

Would be very surprised if yours are on the limit at 32k miles. Mine have done 55k and a few trackdays with harder pads and are still OK

my rear discs have done 38k miles and are still ok to do another year yet - but they do get a yearly strip clean lube etc which I keep going on about on here saves you money in the long term as the brakes are kept in top condition and also benefits at mot time

I've done ~40k and 4 track days and mine are pretty much shot all round (rears more so than fronts). My brakes are performing really badly after the last track day, theres a bit of meat on the pads all round and I didn't think the discs were THAT bad, but I think its time to replace the parts and give the calipers a clean out while I'm at it. I did get advisory on its last MOT for them all anyway.