Side light access?? HELP

Makaveli160

Paid Member
Trying to change the passenger side light, did the drivers side easy and have done the worst thing i could of done, dropped the effin bulb off the clip into the light!!!

Really annoyed, any suggestions or isit bumper off and light out? Or can you take the light out without taking the bumper off?

Thanks

Me and Welshtom had a bash at changing the sidelights over today, like you said drivers is easy, But no room for ya hand on the passenger side.

Has anyone tried removing the air intake on the right to do it? Might give that ago soon if no-one has.

Me and Welshtom had a bash at changing the sidelights over today, like you said drivers is easy, But no room for ya hand on the passenger side.

Has anyone tried removing the air intake on the right to do it? Might give that ago soon if no-one has.

I managed to get both my side lights in, i remember the right hand side was muchhhh harder and hurt quite a bit cause of that box next to it but i didnt remove it to get it in

Done the sidelight change on two 197's today!!

Didn't have to take the bumper off, just took the air intake off on the right, and was able to get one hand down there, and the other from the front. Took a while on the first, but was 10-15mins when we knew how!!

Took the battery and fuse box tops off for the passenger side and prized the sidelight socket with a flat headed screw driver, very slowly and it "popped" off like a charm, then easy to place back in. Easy ish anyway.

i managed to replace mine without the bumper off, was effin tight tho.. just removed the battery trims and such and prepare to shred your hands :smile:

Best way to do it is with some long nose angled forseps. Available from any fishing tackle shop.

I'm going to take my sidelights out Wednesday think projectors would look cleaner without them, will whack them back in come MOT time!