Service

Had my service done yesterday. Was told it would be roughly £160 but came to pay and was £285.

Car was fine, just had the air and cabin filter changed.

Road tax was also paid this week, feels like an expensive week on the Clio to get nothing in return :worried: break pads need replacing in the next couple of months

Was just an air filter and cabin filter change which they said was just standard to do when servicing. Other than that the car was perfect, just needs new pads in s couple of months

so an extra £125 to change two easy to change filters.....mmm easy money by the sounds of it!

Sounds like they've just tried to rip you off, I'd have refused to pay. If they gave you a price, that's what you should have paid if you hadn't agreed to having anything else done, which by the sounds of it you didn't.

Don't think they would have tried to rip me off, owner of the dealership is friends dad (who sold me the car at trade price and knocked 2K off it) and I've known for 22 years.

I can't see £160 as a standard charge on the sheet with the additions, is just a list of a few things and the total. Maybe ill get a picture of the sheet and post it up

the "service" on the clio is no more than an actual inspection ie "a look around" the wheels don't come off or the brakes even touched as such..

hardest job is probably changing the oil and filter...

while the oil is draining you do the checks - dead easy - so in effect its like 1hrs labour and oil and filter £160...

air filter say £15 and I will be generous here on time 15mins top to swap

cabin filter £25 and again generous on time 20mins top

so say £40 parts and £50 labour = £90 so a maximum of £250 I would have said and that's putting labour at £100/hr....

Ill go get the sheet a post a pic of what's listed. Judt seems like £283.60 or whatever the exact number was on a car that's fine. Could have spent that on a remap... :smile:

Ill go get the sheet a post a pic of what's listed. Judt seems like £283.60 or whatever the exact number was on a car that's fine. Could have spent that on a remap... :smile:

if your happy then its not a problem :hug1: