Sergeant Bosco Albert Baracus' 200

Jim yes i'm on Northloop. I am currently on there as Hammerzeit although i used to post as Robinson several years back on there :wink: Been going to the 'ring for quite some time but gone off the whole track thing and if i do go i have a track car so the clio can stay immaculate :smile:

Cheers Ste, i agree :wink:

So anyway the audio install:

DSCF2621.jpg

DSCF2620.jpg

DSCF2619.jpg

DSCF2624.jpg

DSCF2627.jpg

DSCF2632.jpg

DSCF2628.jpg

First impressions?

I haven't used the hands free function yet although my phone is paired up so we'll see how that goes.

Fitment of the head unit and stalk controls was fiddly, lots of wires and boxes etc to hide and run: USB cable HU to glovebox, mic cable from top of A pillar to HU, Stalk control box & cable from ISO loom to Kenwood loom & HU, ISO to kenwood loom(and if you wanted radio to work the aerial adaptor which i didn't bother with). Nothing to someone of my caliber though :wink: Fitment of the speakers, well the main woofers were easy to install. The tweeters are fiddly as hell. The standard tweeters clip into the dash, the covers clip to the tweeters and dash so getting the covers off will almost certainly result in you cracking them. Getting the new ones in isn't much easier, they are very deep and require a lot of force to get them to clip in, you have to clip them(loosely) into the cover then push the covers down hard until the tweeters clip into the dash and the covers also clip into the dash in a different place. I'd advise buying some spare tweeter covers and not letting renault rip you off for them!

The sound quality of this setup is alright, i think that the speakers let it down perhaps in the volume/bass department. Still it's a massive improvement on the standard setup.

I can already say that i will pretty much certainly be changing the speakers again...

looks great mate. hopefully the weather will hold out for you tomorow.

Yes non cup steering wheel, i changed it for a brand new renaultsport 200 item with the stitched centre line, white stitching, perforated leather thumb grips and thicker rim. It's far far nicer to hold and makes a fair difference to the driving experience, after all it's pretty much the most important control on the car(after the brake pedal :wink: )

Hands free is spot on.

Speakers sound a bit better after being worn in.

Need to sound deaden doors and/or upgrade speakers again really.

Wow, box fresh!
Very jealous mate, love the colour, the Recaro's are the way forward and the speedlines look really good in black.
21 miles though... i'd be too scared to drive her.

Not on 21 miles any more! Over 4000 miles since 26th June!!!

The colour looks much better now that it's seen a good detail with lime prime, CL68 nano tech and collinite 915 marque d'elegance, really powerful colour now :smiley: