Semi-decent bucket seat for 'larger' chaps ?

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Paid Member
One of my side bolsters on my drivers seat back was clearly "bent" (Well the frame underneath it) from me owning the car. I've pulled it out a few times now to straighten it up - and unsurprisingly i think something has now probably snapped inside.

Im a big guy - 6'4 perhaps and 16 stone - and parking in the garage every-night also means i have to do the Clio-shuffle to get in and out. Not much space and the seat does take a bit of abuse twice a day minimum entering and exiting.......

Basically its: Shuv 1 - Clio seat 0 :smile:

So: What do i need to be doing to choose, buy and fit a single bucket seat. (And any advice for suggestions on a specific seat for a big guy. Im not fat around waist specifically etc - i'm just a big man...38" waist, 44"+ chest etc).

Advice, sarcasm, wit and charm all equally accepted.

Be inclined to say with a cheaper seat and what you have to do to get out of it each day, you will just knacker the new one... you can pick up second hand Clio seats for next to nothing as people do what your doing... also surely a bucket would be even harder to get out of?

Be inclined to say with a cheaper seat and what you have to do to get out of it each day, you will just knacker the new one... you can pick up second hand Clio seats for next to nothing as people do what your doing... also surely a bucket would be even harder to get out of?

Its not 'hard' to get out Chris - its extremely easy. But because of the narrow gap i have to support myself on something to get out and up in the narrow gap and the seat bolster appears to be my wear spot.

A fixed one-piece fibreglass bucket would be stronger longer term than a reclining sports seat i would think possibly. The only worry is wear. A-la the standard Renault recaro's.....