197: Selling my 197 for an R26 biggest mistake ever!!!

Luke_197

Platinum Member
Hi guys

A few of you may remember me, haven't posted on her for at least 4 months now. Basically I sold my UR 197 to a dealership in exchange for a 270 bhp LY megane R26. At the time I wanted more power and I thought this would would be the way forward. However after owning the R26 for 3 months now I can safely say the 197 was so much more fun, the megane is a boat in comparison. So much under steer however this could be down the too much power in a FWD car, it is fast but even with the extra power it doesn't give me that fizz like the 197 did. :worried:

Anyway may sound silly to some but I've decided to sell the megane and save a little then look for another 197. Hopefully one with recaros and a cup pack this time, So ill be back soon, be on this forum regularly again now as I miss how nice everyone is :wink:

Also anyone have any idea about what has happened to my old girl? If I could find her I would buy it back, Here's a pic :smile: she's standard now though.

Cheers guys

2yquvymu.jpg

fair enough, well you never know i looked at how long the previous owner had my car and they only kept it for four months!

Dont know how you got understeer in an r26 to be honest i owned one for 2 years and the level of grip it generated was mad, granted not quite as adjustable as a 197/200 but far more traction.

Dont know how you got understeer in an r26 to be honest i owned one for 2 years and the level of grip it generated was mad, granted not quite as adjustable as a 197/200 but far more traction.

Did you up the power at all or keep it standard, I also found it was tail happy :/ don't know what was wrong with it!

guessing u were trying to drive the r26 turbo charged car like an n/a car, which you cant, tail happy says to me, your lifting off mid corner.

the two car driver totall different, when u hit 5.5k rev theres a kick in power, from 2.5k in the megane is a big slap of power

anyway welcome back

guessing u were trying to drive the r26 turbo charged car like an n/a car, which you cant, tail happy says to me, your lifting off mid corner.

the two car driver totall different, when u hit 5.5k rev theres a kick in power, from 2.5k in the megane is a big slap of power

anyway welcome back

Lol makes sense mate, obviously I'm not driving it properly, the R26 was my first turboed car so maybe would take some getting use to, all I know is I prefer the 197, much much more fun.