Seat Creak/Rattle - Standard Issue RS200 - PLEASE HELP!

My 200 is doing my nut in - there is a very irritating rattle/creak on the drivers side seat.

Particularly noticeable when going around corners.

Only done 12k and well looked after so don't think it can be spring wear. Tried adjusting everything to see if worse in one position than another nut all seems much of a much. Please help! Save my sanity...

Try tightening the bolts that hold the seat down. I had mine into Renault (under warranty) with the same problem and that's how they fixed it.

Have no fear, help is here...

I had the same problem and Renault 'fixed' it by tightening up all the bolts so they say. As soon as I drove away from the garage, the seat starting clicking and creaking again.

Tightening the bolts doesn't do anything, it's the height adjuster that's the culprit.

Jack your seat up to the highest setting. Shine a torch underneath and you'll see the crank/ratchet thing on the left.
You need to coat this in lubricant. Not something runny like WD40. Find something a bit more gloopy that won't run. Slap it on thick and then jack your seat all the way down and all the way up a few times to work the lubricant into the crank.

This is what I did to mine and the noise had gone. Used to drive me to despair!

There's a thread in it HERE

Yeah I had that took the advice as above but I took the seat base off too really get a good look and caked the lot with spray grease lol Found it easier with seat base off and it worked get the odd click now and again but nowhere near as bad.