Seat back dipping - Do I or Don't I?

Howdy,

I have a mate who has recently started up his own dipping business, he has offered as part of advertising for him to do my seat backs in carbon fibre (or whatever I want) at cost price, which is pretty much peanuts.

I like the idea as I have seen some pictures of it done before and they do look smart, but not sure if it's going to look a bit tacky in person!

Opinions?

2008-Kicherer-Mercedes-Benz-CLK-63-AMG-Black-Edition-Carbon-Fiber-Sport-Seat-4-1280x960.jpg

To be honest I think from the description where I found the picture that's real CF... but still you get the idea

Cheers

Ian

Having seen pics of dipped seat I think they look blimin awesome. Much better that the scratch prone plastic that it has! Go for it!

Not sure on that to be honest but I know [MENTION=2]jase[/MENTION] has recently had his centre consul dipped so might be able to tell you how tough it is.

Did a quick search an looks like they are clipped in. So seat cover off the unclip the backs but sound quite delicate.

Sweet I'll have a look tomorrow mate, I don't want to do it if I have to end up getting a retrim due to the fact I damage my material haha

If it wasn't so expensive I'd have mine done, looks a million times better than the standard faded plastic and they usually get a few coats of lacquer so should be durable.
I looked at removing the seats, was basically a handful of bolts and un clipped them but you can't use the seats without the backs. If I can find old thread I'll edit with link.

mmm I'm not so sure, however, sprayed to match the car colour might look good, i.e 968 Clubsport style. Thought you may need actual fixed backs to pull that off rather than CS's.

Must be someone out there making real CF backs, or approach Streamline/Cazan. Massive install base for these as they are in so many cars as standard now.

Im interested to get the backs of mine done in a liquid yellow. Just not sure on costs and how easy it is to get the backs off - i dont want to damage the seats