Sean's Red 200

Looks like your brakes were stored at the bottom of the ocean!

Mine were like that when I got my car, you need to go full send on the pins, get a decent punch and disregard your knuckles. I ended up cutting mine which made things worse, they REALLY didn't want to come out.

They're in horrific condition, first drive was interesting, or at least trying to stop at a junction was... I've tried a punch but there's no movement at all. Might just go bigger lol

I sprayed loads of Plus Gas and it took shit loads of hammer and punch action!

My advice is cut the middle of the pin out where it's receced for the spring, the near side should tap out easily. Then get a long parallel punch, slide it through the hole and whack it with a lump hammer!

Here's one I made earlier... :sunglasses:

DSC_0269.JPG

DSC_0270.JPG

• Haha
Reactions: Sean197
I sprayed loads of Plus Gas and it took shit loads of hammer and punch action!

I used Power Maxed Shock & Unlock and it had no effect. I've used Plus Gas in the past and ordered some this evening so we'll see. I'm definitely edging towards cutting them tbh.

Reactions: suj
I used Power Maxed Shock & Unlock and it had no effect. I've used Plus Gas in the past and ordered some this evening so we'll see. I'm definitely edging towards cutting them tbh.

Yeah I've heard of them being fully fucked and stuck, mine were a bitch to get out, took a long ass time.
I went with Mr Pink pins after for that very reason (and a dab of Cera Tec in each hole... giggity).

Yeah I've heard of them being fully fucked and stuck, mine were a bitch to get out, took a long ass time.
I went with Mr Pink pins after for that very reason (and a dab of Cera Tec in each hole... giggity).

I'll be using standard pins, used them in my 197 and never had any issues as they were changed once a year when the brakes were stripped and cleaned. As long as maintenance is kept on top of they shouldn't have any issues.

Reactions: suj
I'll be using standard pins, used them in my 197 and never had any issues as they were changed once a year when the brakes were stripped and cleaned. As long as maintenance is kept on top of they shouldn't have any issues.

See I originally put OEM ones back in, then after 9months (15k miles) they were stuck as hell again, so I went Mr Pinks and it's been 2.5years now, they come easily every time I've taken them out, as they're not friction fit, the r-clip design is what was on my 200sx and nearly all Jap cars, never been a problem.
But yeah stick to what you prefer, just dab some Cera Tec in, to help when it does come to removal.

So, in what can only be described as a miracle, the clio flew through the MOT with no advisories. I did however have a small scare when fitting a new thermostat. Firstly I dropped my 8mm socket into the engine bay which meant jacking the car up, removing the undertray, and retrieving said socket. I then put the radiator hose back on and put the airbox hoses back together. I started the car and it had a horrendous misfire under any load. I initially thought 'vacuum leak' so dismantled the airbox and put it back together, but still no better. I had Spark plugs lying around so changed them and it immediately went back to normal. A very strange coincidence.
I've now been driving the clio more, I had only done 130 miles in 7 months, as after having a new MOT I no longer have to worry about it being a cut-and-shut and bits falling off every time I drive it.
Jobs for the near future are removing the rear Clio badge, replacing the rear brakes, and fitting my old B14s. I have however been bashing on with a few carbon bits. I've never really liked the fake carbon handle covers so I snapped up a set of exterior handles on ebay for a tenner and got to work on them:
20211117_193010.jpg
20211117_193025.jpg
20211122_151316.jpg

I've also done mirror covers and interior door handles too:
20211117_193017.jpg
20211117_193021.jpg
20211122_151330.jpg
20211122_151339.jpg
20211122_151445.jpg
20211122_151454.jpg
20211122_155210.jpg
20211122_155213.jpg
20211122_155455.jpg
20211122_155458.jpg

Just final trimming then clearcoat to do.
Thank god for this:
20211122_152414.jpg

And the obligatory car pic:
20211122_151142.jpg

Thanks for looking.