Scorpion exhaust too loud

I've just bought a 200 Cup which will be my daily and occasional trackday car
It has a K-Tec exhaust manifold, sports cat and Scorpion non-res exhaust, it also has mild Cat Cams, K-Tec intake and a remap but I'm sure it's exhaust noise not intake that is the problem
For me it's too loud for daily use and I've booked a Bedford trackday for April and am worried I'll be too noisy there as well, it is possible to drive it quietly at low revs and part throttle but then what's the point?!
The obvious solution seems to be to replace the non-res pipe with a resonated centre section if Scorpion will sell me one, has anyone done this and will it make a big difference?

Reactions: Beany
I’ve not done it. But it’ll make a big difference.
I doubt you’ll be under the noise limit with your current setup.

Not quite the same set up, as I had a scorpion decat and non-res system.

however I fitted a res Centre section and it reduced the noise / drone to make it a lot more tolerable.

whether you can buy them individually I’m unsure as got mine from a member here

The Clio is off to AW Motorworks in Essex for a bit of work in a few weeks, they have recommended fitting a bigger centre silencer than the Scorpion one as that is still quite small, certainly looks it in pictures on the Scorpion website
They are going to do the work and I'll let you know how much quieter it is!

Reactions: Beany
So Alex at AW Motorworks has fitted the largest silencer that would fit, looks to be about 18 inches long and 6 inch diameter!
Reduces ground clearance a bit but so much quieter, still sounds good but much more civilised and he is sure I won't have a problem with noise at Bedford.
Very impressed with Alex, had quite a bit of work done, everything was as quoted (supplying and fitting the silencer was £100) and I'm confident the car is in much better shape now.

Reactions: Abdulla Ali Al Ali
@Derek182 did you try contact scorpion to see if they’d sell a centre section separate? I want to do the opposite from you, I have a resonated centre and am considering trying to get a non res centre off them. I have emailed but they haven’t replied yet. Cheers

I didn't contact Scorpion, we decided their centre silencer is still quite small and if I want to do trackdays at places like Bedford a bigger one would be better.
I've done Bedford now and didn't have a problem with noise so happy with what we have done

Just in case anyone is wondering. If you contact scorpion exhausts with the part number you’re looking for they’ll sort the part for you.
Bought a few separate pieces for my one to get it louder over the past 4 years.

excellent service from my experience! They even chucked in some spare exhaust clamps when I bought my non res Section.

@CM200 thats great to know thank you! Do you know roughly what sort of cost it was?

if I remember correctly the non res section set me back around £75 with postage then another £50ish maybe for the straight through to replace secondary.

off the top of my head that is...i know it wasn’t overly expensive in my opinion anyway.

I had a quote today for getting the res section from Scorpion and it was £120 delivered in the UK including VAT which seems reasonable when the option is replace the exhaust or find somewhere to fit an extra box. I priced stainless silencers on Demon Tweeks and they work out £100+ depending on size and shape.