Santa Pod

Hey All,

It's such a dreary Monday morning down in kent! however, Who went to the Paul Walker Santa Pod tribute?

I was there repping the 200T as i was the only one! unfortunately i was however stuck up the far end of the carpark so unless you walked around the cars you wouldn't see it! I was parked near a Grey 197/200 RS and my mates Mk3 Sportiff (if that's how its spelt) I did manage to see a couple other Clio RS owners that were the similar distance to me although practically on the track wall...

I did manage to get my car up the Pod and gained a fastest time of 14 Seconds dead... There's a video floating around of an old school mini i was forced to go up against (that absolutely demolished me) He was running a Honda K20 turbo in a car that weighs less than an alchypoop! and my lauch control had a fit! I do have a short video of me running a 15 seconds though! which i thought wasnt bad at all for spinning in first and second it was just as fast as most cars going down there! I am now considering the Superchip if my remap doesn't pull it up enough!

I also spotted a Twingo Gordini rolling out the service station on the road out from the Pod too gave me a little thumbs up! :smiley:.

We all then went to a second location where my car was parked up so got a few pictures of it there as well as my friends thinking it would be humorous to wrap my car in "Police Do Not Cross" tape after which my car getting a lot of photos as one could imagine! will post some pictures up in a reply to this and maybe a link to the video on facebook of me getting eaten alive by the mini and my own run!

Sounds like a decent day. I know Tom was there snapping away so you can expect some top notch photos to pop up soon. Or he might have already stuck them up on TomCash.co.uk

Sounds like a good day out, i was wanting to go to this but with the whole ticket things etc and other plans that weekend i gave it a miss!

In the 200 i always said hi to other clio RS owners and never really got a reply, onyl a beep and thumbs up from a guy one.

In the meg i still do it, saw 2 or 3 clio 200's this weekend and gave them all a wave but no response :worried: am yet to see any megs yet

Sounds like a good day out, i was wanting to go to this but with the whole ticket things etc and other plans that weekend i gave it a miss!

In the 200 i always said hi to other clio RS owners and never really got a reply, onyl a beep and thumbs up from a guy one.

In the meg i still do it, saw 2 or 3 clio 200's this weekend and gave them all a wave but no response :worried: am yet to see any megs yet

Since buying mine i've seen hardly any Clio RS's one GW 200 in Ashford near cow roundabout but had an unhappy face on like :mellow: and then theres me looking to the left though my window as he comes up alongside me like :d:w00t::thumbup1: to be greeted back with :mellow: haha!

Since buying mine i've seen hardly any Clio RS's one GW 200 in Ashford near cow roundabout but had an unhappy face on like :mellow: and then theres me looking to the left though my window as he comes up alongside me like :d:w00t::thumbup1: to be greeted back with :mellow: haha!

Yeah haha! I've been sat in traffic on the motorway which is just crawling and have other 197's/200's along side me (when i had the clio). Think both occasions we on a nice day so everyones windows were down, i saw the car in my wing mirror approaching and both times as they creep past im staring at them waiting for them to acknowledge me so i can give a thumbs up/wave but no...blanked both times lol

Now im in the meg i wonder if clio drivers will just think im even more of a wierdo for flashing/saying hi because i dont have the same car...but i guess the enthusiats one will probably realise saying hi between Renault Sport owners, regardless of the model

:lol: that's always me waving like a nobhead and people just look at me gone out :mellow:

I did walk past with the misses and was gonna stop and say hi but was in a rush to buy my track tickets :tongueout: haha

Hey maybe we should make a post on here to come up with some universal greeting that only Clio owners (and Meg owners) understand so we don't look like complete retards having a fit in the car? this is how i feel when i wave at other RS's!

[YOUTUBE]1tDcQzFPz6s[/YOUTUBE]
haha to have no response back!

Last edited by a moderator:
PW Meet

So on Saturday myself and a few friends traveledto Santa pod for the Paul Walker tribute meet Surprisingly it was very good andfor £4.00 great value for money anyway enough of my chitchat please see thevery poor quality pics I took on the day.

Comp on the day between us was to see who could find the worst car lol

e13_zps3d705a2a.gif

Barry'd

k11_zpsc7936bae.gif

b11_zps85a879d0.gif

d11_zpsf969537a.gif

Loved this 300 bph

e11_zps701a8111.gif

Check out the camber

e14_zps0f24f54e.gif

Lambos

e15_zpscc863f53.gif

f12_zps7f7ac063.gif

f15_zpsb4c5b63d.gif

j15_zps88a0ac84.gif

From the film

f13_zpsda3ecc9a.gif

Ummm

f11_zpsd178d34f.gif

f14_zps3519140e.gif

Jap

c12_zps8a322bc3.gif

c12_zps8a322bc3.gif

c13_zpsf8dc46c1.gif

c15_zpsf132d53e.gif

j11_zps1255026d.gif

j12_zps31448b07.gif

How deep
j14_zps98059f85.gif

j13_zps6c37e952.gif

Muscle

c14_zps8048da47.gif

k15_zps13113bfd.gif

Clios

k14_zps0e33b794.gif

k12_zps6a0d5720.gif

b14_zps5c84f405.gif

d14_zpsd8f52345.gif

d12_zps0fea7ad7.gif

Meg
b15_zpsd36fd458.gif

photo3_zpsf5eeb9d0.gif

Fes ST ( the clown ditched this on the way in look closely and you will see the mud muppet lol)

d15_zps73e0d373.gif

I did manage to get my car up the Pod and gained a fastest time of 14 Seconds dead... There's a video floating around of an old school mini i was forced to go up against (that absolutely demolished me) He was running a Honda K20 turbo in a car that weighs less than an alchypoop! and my lauch control had a fit! I do have a short video of me running a 15 seconds though! which i thought wasnt bad at all for spinning in first and second it was just as fast as most cars going down there! I am now considering the Superchip if my remap doesn't pull it up enough!

Dan, what was your terminal speed as 14 seconds ain't bad time for a stock 200T?

Dan, what was your terminal speed as 14 seconds ain't bad time for a stock 200T?

Let me go get the printouts! i think it was around 100mph anyway?

Here's the printout;

Reaction --- + .6773
60 ft ----------- 2.1151
1/8 ET --------- 9.1073
1/8 MPH ------- 77.47
1/4 ET --------- 14.2100
1/4 MPH ------- 95.70

Last edited:
Dan, not bad, 14.2 @ just under 96mph.

What was the conditions like, dry, damp??

Would love to see what mine will do as now have 245bhp and 240flbt, have been managing 060mph times of 5.6 so hope the 1/4 mile time will be good too.

Might wait for dryer conditions and book a trip to the pod.