Sanded disc & new pads

When I had new front discs and pads put on, I was advised to do several hard stops from speed - eg 70mph. I went onto a motorway at night when it was quiet and did this. Seemed to be fine. Hope this helps.

I resurfaced the discs ,and got new brembo p68036 pads ,did something similiar to what jimmy said and it was fine but after 6-7 brakes it began to shake the steering wheel again ( like before,but not quite same, not that hard like before ) and when i let the brakes to cool down it back to be good and no vibration... Really weird
Maybe i will try to re bed-in and see maybe it will sort it ,otherwise dunno what to blame already.
discs,pads.. Bleh

Last edited:
If not bedded them in right you'll get pad deposits. Best bet is bed them on again.

want do 5 X 70-50 mph medium pressure leaving bit gap in between.

Then do 2/3 X 90-50 hard pressure but
leave 20 seconds gap between these.

Then after just few light daps of brakes to clean the disc.

If if that don't work then skim
or bin the discs

Alright update: so as before brembo pads( new) sanded discs(27.8mm almost new) after rotors has sanded the steering wheel/pedal vibration gone BUT now the brake seems to get overheat fast and after 3-4 intense braking the vibration on steering wheel+b.pedal is back again ,once it cool (like 1 min without braking on high speeds) it disappear..what can it beeeeeeee im so tired of it

It sounds as though the issue is being caused when things get hot as you say , therefore have you checked the condition of your caliper pins , are they lubricated ? I am thinking the pads could be sticking on the pins when things get a little hot.

Also Long shot , but have you checked other things like track rod ends , wheel bearing etc for excessive movement ? It may not be brake related

Im pretty sure it is brake related ,because its only when brakes get hot.
Pins not new not lubricated too actualy.. But i also cant see how it cause the vibrations and shaking ,im so pissed ******

Im pretty sure it is brake related ,because its only when brakes get hot.
Pins not new not lubricated too actualy.. But i also cant see how it cause the vibrations and shaking ,im so pissed ******

Brakes get hot, so they expand (along with pins) causing the pads to get stuck on - causing vibrations. When they have cooled then the problem goes away.

I see, so what you suggest? ( still hard to belive that those pins cause it even if your theory is right.i also understand how it can get stuck and reduce brake bite but how it make it shudder? )

Last edited:
My money on It's pad depsoits or you have warpped the discs. We use get this when using ds2500 on mk1 Focus RS
on track. Only way to stop it is get the discs skimmed or buy new set of discs.

easier way is to get them skimmed.

do you struggle to remove and fit the pins? If we're bent should Beable to see it

Last edited:
Whats skim ? You mean like sand? So yes its sanded already was new with 2k miles and its warped than sanded 0.2mm-+ of it .( that stopped the perm shudder,but now when its hot the shudder back till its cool again)
And for the pins yes it was struggle to take them out but was pretty easy to refit them( didnt lubricated it)
Maybe if ill skim the disc more it will solve it? Or after one skim if it didnt solve it so its lost?

Last edited:
I would get the brakes hot and then remove the wheel and have an investigate. That's if you can remove the wheel in 1 minute also check the pad pin holes are clean and free from debris. If the issue is still present replace the discs. Check the other suspension components as I said above. The issue will be visible , just everything needs to be methodically checked.