Rust...

Hi,

I thought I would do my usual and come ask some of you helpful folks whether or not this is something I should be seeing a dealer about.

Images below, some small rust...one part is some sort of bracket as you can see under the bonnet which has bubbled and rusted quite badly.

The other small sign of rust is on the underside of the bonnet which is a little more concerning...same on both sides too...

Should I be asking Renault to sort this out? A little strange to see that bracket so rusty...the engine bay and car in general are totally immaculate, looks so out of place.

IMAG0911_zps606e97b7.jpg

IMAG0912_zps125ca5d3.jpg

So would the bracket be covered? I know it isn't a massive deal, but more concerned by what looks like rust on the bonnet parts...

Oink you could fix that top bracket yourself in about 5 mins. Would probably cost more in petrol going to the dealers than to fix in all honesty.

Oink you could fix that top bracket yourself in about 5 mins. Would probably cost more in petrol going to the dealers than to fix in all honesty.

Are you making the assumption I have paint and whatever else is required to clean this up? lol...because I don't :smile:

Also, if I am making the trip to see them about the bonnet I guess I should point out the bracket anyway...