Rust bubble, rear window

TB Rich

Paid Member
So did a good clean on the weekend and have found the very begining of the typical rust issue between the rear window and boot :worried:

Just wondering out of those that have had RUK sort this, did they pay fully and how was it fixed? New boot? Full spray of old? Quick patch up?
Being LY I am slightly concerned about havng it done properly and matching?

Local delaership has the car booked in on the 2nd for their master tech to look and photo it for submission to RUK, why they need a master tech to do this is quite beyond me though.

Had this issue with mine. I presume its right in the middle?
A few people have had this, I was told it was because the rear window was mounted too low in the factory.

Was sorted under warranty. I'm unsure what the warranty period is but mine was done around 3 yrs 3 months after purchase date.

They cut the rear screen out and resprayed the whole tailgate, then put the screen back in at the correct height. Mine is GW so is easier to match, unsure what they will do with LY.

thanks for the feedback, spraying the existing boot fully is probably easiest for them, as long as they remove and refit it properly it should hang in the same place? if they dont remove and strip the boot down then I will need to check for overspray and spray edges if they dont do the inside of the boot...!!! mmmm a Gt86 is edging ever closer to my driveway at present.

Well Renault saw the car today, stated straight away that it wont be covered by the anti-corrosion warranty :scared:
They will how ever still send pictures and file a report with RUK as they may help on goodwill.

For those that have had there's fixed, was it warranty or good will?
If I even have to spend 1p fixing rust on a 4-5yr old car it's going on autotrader. I won't flame Renault too much (yet) as there is the potential it could be fixed but my typicaly **** luck is looking otherwise?!?

Well Renault saw the car today, stated straight away that it wont be covered by the anti-corrosion warranty :scared:
They will how ever still send pictures and file a report with RUK as they may help on goodwill.

For those that have had there's fixed, was it warranty or good will?
If I even have to spend 1p fixing rust on a 4-5yr old car it's going on autotrader. I won't flame Renault too much (yet) as there is the potential it could be fixed but my typicaly **** luck is looking otherwise?!?

My 197 had this, RUK weren't any help and had it painted for £220.

Has it had the corrosion checks kept up to date? If so then i'm not sure how they can worm out of it!

Well it has a full Renault history so I would expect so.

I'll have to wait and see what RUK say, are they likley to have a different opinion to that of the the dealer as they said its not corossion from the inside out so wont be covered.

I'd almost consider a carbon fibre hatch but I can't find one. Carzan does a fibreglass one but it's a racing shell needing latches. I'd want a pukka straight CF replacment, would look good against the LY :smiley:
I was just begining to actually like the car for the first time since owning it really and then it just gets depressing again. Set of recaros should delivered today but I can seem them not even getting fitted npw :worried:

[MENTION=8494]smithandroper[/MENTION] should be able to answer how paint warranty works.

How is it not covered?

Have they just said that it's normal wear and tear or something stupid?

I havent especially argued the point as yet, they are still sending there photos and their bodyshop estimate to RUK. I feel it's just typical dealership at this point just doing and saying anything to be as non-comital as possible and avoid any cost at their expense. God forbid they actually implement something that might come across as good service. I was looking through the Meg 265 brochure there and thought to myself yeah nice, perhaps I could ignore the boring turbo part of it. But then I remembered not a hells chance I could comit myself to dealing with Renault any more than I have to.

I assume RUK can still say yeah heres anything from 1p to the full job being covered. For me anything less than the full cover and I'll argue the case that this is a waranty job not goodwill payment.
I was probably too soft today, but I figured you can get angry later if needed so perhaps be nice to start with. Probably why I always get the run around :|

Well just had a call from RUK, and to be fair they have played ball for me despite the dealer saying it's not anti-perf warranty.

RUK will cover the bill in full :smile: Full repaint of the tailgate and re-fitment of the glass etc in the correct position once done.

Initial dealings with the dealership certainly weren't great, and frankly it's nothing but them being obtuse to say it's not a warranty job, so in future I will be trying a different main dealer for my servicing.
Anyhow, at least RUK were easy to deal with and the correct resolution has been achieved. Based on what I have learnt during this experiance and equally reading about Gez's unfortunate situation, you can be very much at the mercy of the main dealer and the key is to find a good one who plays ball.