Run Ins with the Law

Tom

Platinum Member
Driving home last night when a 5 series pulled up in the right hand lane - edging forwards...

Typically, people use said right hand lane to beat you to the LEFT hand turn at the end of the short run... Continuing on, the right hand lane is a RIGHT turn or bus lane.

Obvious mis-use of lanes... I thought "no" and floored it on green. He tried hard before, swiftly, pulling in close behind me in is lovely high-vis jacket. They both looked very p*ssed off, making frustrated hand gestures towards my car, whilst clearly raising voices. :|

I thought "sh*t" and expected the blues and twos following the corner...

Lights went green, pulled away and nothing. They just casually drove past me on the next duel carriage way (where I drove like a granny with my shakey hands) and they just both shot me the stink eye...

WTF?!

That's like, my 8th life... I've been driving 6 years now and never been pulled for anything. That's certainly the best reason I've given them to pull me and nothing.

Anyone got any ideas on why they didn't pull me?

Any chance of them still following this up??

Anyone else had any interesting close calls?

Probably didn't pull you because THEY were in the wrong and most Bus Lanes have cameras so you could've proved it. :wink:

Wouldn't worry, if they were going to do something they'd have stopped you then.

Got stuck at 70 behind an Audi on the in the outside lane on the M54, nothing in the middle our inside lane, was tempted to undertake but we were coming up to a jct so I thought id wait until we'd passed the slip road. Glad I did as we came parallel to the on ramp a blue rally stickered scooby came down the slip road, accelerating hard, straight into the motorway across 3 lanes and into the our lane pulling away.

With this the blue lights in the back window of the Audi came on and he shot off. About a minute later I pass both of them pulling into the hard shoulder... Result.

Probably didn't pull you because THEY were in the wrong and most Bus Lanes have cameras so you could've proved it. :wink:

Wouldn't worry, if they were going to do something they'd have stopped you then.
Yeah, these were my thoughts too. :smiley: Few.... For nowwww......

Got stuck at 70 behind an Audi on the in the outside lane on the M54, nothing in the middle our inside lane, was tempted to undertake but we were coming up to a jct so I thought id wait until we'd passed the slip road. Glad I did as we came parallel to the on ramp a blue rally stickered scooby came down the slip road, accelerating hard, straight into the motorway across 3 lanes and into the our lane pulling away.

With this the blue lights in the back window of the Audi came on and he shot off. About a minute later I pass both of them pulling into the hard shoulder... Result.
Haha, wow... Certainly a trololol moment as you passed the scooby, eh? lol

got a warning today for parking on the pavement at my work. Told to move my car then said id get booked if i did it again, he then took my name and reg number before i moved my car.

He then drove into the street for "****s and giggles" and on the way out, which has a big sign saying NO RIGHT TURNS, he turned right ... used to believe that not all police were arseholes, but now i think they are. Using a 530D to move parked cars, really putting they advanced driving to good use. Money well spent.

Was annoyed, thought he had came in because he'd flagged us going to the petrol garage with no tax, insurance or trade plates ... guess thats being saved for another day.

I like to think that police are just people too, and give them the benefit of the doubt. But some police really let it get to their heads, I think.

I stopped some guy rough-ing up a girl in the street once and when the police got there, I got treated like a criminal even though I was being super polite and as helpful and cooporative as possible.

Very frustrating.

Nearly got arrested at German dealership for refusing to pay for work carried out on my car without my permission ****ing nazi ****s