Run about

melvin1993

Scotland | Alba Rep
I need to get a run about for going to work as I bought my 200 with 19k and it's now at 26k after only about 6/7 month of using it, I knew before I bought it I'd rake up miles but not as fast as that! So that in mind I'm wanting to spend £2000 on my run about so I'm think a 172 or a fiesta ST, better of witch are economical but I don't care I'm used to spending alot on fuel

Are there anything in particular I should look out for in a 172 or would you recommend something els what's your thoughts ?

I'm getting a Saxo VTR for £400 in a week or so for a runabout! Cheap as chips! Gets about 40mpg too!

But I would love a Fiesta STripes :worried:

Vtr would be nice like! My step dad had one I just won't own a ****ron tho sorry haha. He has a c3 and the gear box is nonexistent honestly feels your you're stirring a pot of soup
But that's food for thought I'd say
Maybe a 106 rally haha

7k in 7 months is hardly high mileage. It's pretty much average. Is it really worth the cost of running a second car just to save a few miles on your 200?

Seems like odd logic to me personally.

if your going second car might as well go small diesel and save money to spend on the 200!

look at a clio 1.5dci mk2 as they are lower co2 and road tax

7k in 7 months is hardly high mileage. It's pretty much average. Is it really worth the cost of running a second car just to save a few miles on your 200?

Seems like odd logic to me personally.

I'm doing over 1k a month in mine, bought it to use it, not have it sit at home!

I don't see the point in me spending more on a car to get it with low miles to put a load on haha

Id go for a VTS, really fun little cars if you can get past the chav image, and cost peanuts if anything goes wrong

Although, if you cant put up with a Saxo.... look at Xsara VTS's, same engine as the GTI6, and lighter. Mine was indestructable

For a run around to work it need to cost peanuts, both in purchase price and running it. I'd want to spend no more than 1k, and that includes insurance.

Depends if ya want something to something the 200 won't my choice was an x type AWD and in summer last year I was running a MX5, Mazda was fun, cheap to run and got it for £600 so we used to slide down the bonnet and climb out rather than open door, it did everything the Clio didn't... Ok well it was cheap and fun, got jag for winter and will be swopping it for a newer MX5 this summer or maybe a Z4 or Z3