RS200 Bumper Loose

Hi all,

My 200 had it's cambelt replaced last week and when I got it back, I thought all was hunky dorey. However, on closer inspection, I found that the front drivers side bumper is not flush to the other panels. The other side of the car is flush and is fine, but having removed the drivers side broken wheel arch liner, I found that the bumper was attached to the car using a screw as the head of the bolt that normally holds it on has sheared off. Now, to me, it seems that they tried to remove the bolt, used shear force and broke the head, and botched it with a screw. It is still in warranty from the seller so hopefully it can be fixed.

I have removed the remnants of the bolt from the nut, but it doesn't sit as tight to the other panels compared to the other side. It's almost like it is being pulled down, as I can push it into place, but once you let go, it drops. I have used a bolt that is the same as the other side and a washer and it holds it on, but the top of the bumper (edge of the light) is not flush and there is a large gap between the bumper and the wheel arch panel. I can push the bumper in where it meets the headlight but there is quite a bit of wiggle room.

Is this a job for a bodyshop or is there something I can do to fix it myself? I will try and get some pictures tomorrow.

Thanks!

The head of the bolt on mine sheared off both sides if that makes you feel any better, they were completely stiff and would budge - tried everything. Neither side has moved though luckily!

The bumpers tend to not go back on 100% when they've been taken off unfortunately. But them having bodged the replacement is a bit cack-handed - have you gone back to them to tell them about the poor job? That would be my first port of call, as you would expect them to take a bit more care with a customer's car.

The bumpers tend to not go back on 100% when they've been taken off unfortunately. But them having bodged the replacement is a bit cack-handed - have you gone back to them to tell them about the poor job? That would be my first port of call, as you would expect them to take a bit more care with a customer's car.

Ive had mine off numerous times and its lined up perfectly every time.