Rs200 ball joints

Hello,
Ii have an issue in my clio, about a week ago it started making a noise whist turning left or right (stationary or moving).
Took it to the garage and he stated it was the ball joint and seemed fairly confident it would be a straight forward job. Took it too another garage just to get a different opinion, the 2nd garage begs to differ, a 500£ difference. Soooo my question is can Ii change the ball joints only or do Ii need the full unit?
Phoned up Renault and they priced me 175 a piece, if Ii do need to change this is there somewhere Ii can find the parts cheaper? Or am Ii better off fitting the manufacturers? Thanks

have a look in this section...........theres a massive amount of posts on it

Located in the northeast so it's a bit of a trek.
Still know further forward due to the bank hol but Ii am going to try this week. Thanks lads [emoji106]

Whereabouts in the North East are you? I have a pair of hub carriers with new ball joints installed already

Whereabouts in the North East are you? I have a pair of hub carriers with new ball joints installed already

Erm, seaham buddy. Ii have ended up having to pay 560 for it to be done. Get my car back tomorrow. Ii will be over the moon just to have it sorted.

Erm, seaham buddy. Ii have ended up having to pay 560 for it to be done. Get my car back tomorrow. Ii will be over the moon just to have it sorted.[/QUOTE

Ok no problem. I'm in Peterlee too so would've been ideal. Still at least you've got it sorted

Yeah I am literally just picking it up now, just hoping I can see a difference with spending this much money.
What you driving? Chances are I will have seen you out and about