RS Side Skirts - Quick question.

same "plastic carbon" as the front splitter so quite ridgid but will flex a small amount before breaking.....especially if you hit a pheasant at 80+ ;/

same "plastic carbon" as the front splitter so quite ridgid but will flex a small amount before breaking.....especially if you hit a pheasant at 80+ ;/

Just enough to allow every bone in it's body to shatter and for it be reduced to a ploom of feathers and a flat red smudge on the tarmac iirc

I'd have said 'quite flexible' especially along the bottom.

They dont look great from underneath, you get a good bow in them between the mounting points.

I'd have said 'quite flexible' especially along the bottom.

They dont look great from underneath, you get a good bow in them between the mounting points.

Mmmm, that's what I was thinking. I fancy moulding some but if they flex it would be quite difficult.

I've just collected, literally today a standard skirt for the racer shell, i was looking at it earlier and at the end, near the rear arch it has an hump in it, i'd say the flex in the RS add on part is ok for this but to mould some you'd most probably have to do them whilst attatched to a standard skirt.

I've just collected, literally today a standard skirt for the racer shell, i was looking at it earlier and at the end, near the rear arch it has an hump in it, i'd say the flex in the RS add on part is ok for this but to mould some you'd most probably have to do them whilst attatched to a standard skirt.

Couldn't do it like mate, if its attached to the car I can't mould the bit that attaches to the car. I might get some and have a look though.

i would have a set of these if you did, along with the tail gate !!

Now here's the thing with the tailgate. I can do you a carbon tailgate but it would be a basic carbon tailgate with lexan window. There would be no where to attach the wiper motor or the OEM lock. Its a pure motorsport item that would need pins to secure it but its around a third of the weight. Although not available at present, I will have these available by the end of march.

No good if it had no lock?

You can get locking pins, like these...

Aerocatch_120_2100_Locking__75919.1326468059.1280.1280.jpg

thing is, I'm not prepared to invest the time and money on creating an OEM version when tbh they won't sell.