Road trip

Yesterday I left Essex at 6pm for the 300 mile drive to Holyhead to catch the ferry to Ireland. My step nan bought a Toyota avensis estate brand new from England so I said r drive it over for her. Wish I didn't open my mouth took me 13 hours to get here

Yesterday I left Essex at 6pm for the 300 mile drive to Holyhead to catch the ferry to Ireland. My step nan bought a Toyota avensis estate brand new from England so I said r drive it over for her. Wish I didn't open my mouth took me 13 hours to get here

Sounds like a chance to find the max cruising speed of an avensis.

I hate that car, it's what I have for the company car can't for the next change
Its just boring to drive I ended up counting lampposts down the a1 in it!

I hate that car, it's what I have for the company car can't for the next change
Its just boring to drive I ended up counting lampposts down the a1 in it!

Lol great idea! I'll be doing that on my next trip to suffolk :smiley:

13 hours though?! How slow were you driving? Thats a 5/6 hour drive! Or did you mean 13 hours return?

That sounds quite a long time to do that journey. I drove from the Nurburgring to Northern Ireland via Hollyhead in 20 hours a few years ago.

Is the car staying in the republic of Ireland or did you bring it up north? The VRT would be a killer on a car like that in the ROI.

That sounds quite a long time to do that journey. I drove from the Nurburgring to Northern Ireland via Hollyhead in 20 hours a few years ago.

Is the car staying in the republic of Ireland or did you bring it up north? The VRT would be a killer on a car like that in the ROI.

Only if you get around to paying it... :wink: :innocent:

I was in hollyhead thursday.

Snowdonia was living up to its name, looked good.

13hours is nothing, we drove straight through from Venice to Geneva then onto Nottingham in one stint, 34hours straight driving (and a tunnel wait)

just think of the nice xmas present and it will be worth it!