Right hand corner (Clockwise) only vibration / rumbling.......Help appreciated !!

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Paid Member
New to Clio's - and not a clue where to start ?

1./ Car handles / rides / feels 'perfect' on left hand (Anti-clockwise) corners.

2/ On a smooth surface car feels fine on right handers (Clockwise). But seems that if i push it at all (getting some weight to transfer to passenger side front), or if surface is uneven i sometimes start to get a vibration that starts at the front nearside / passenger-side (I THINK) and reverberates through the car. Not dangerous, or unsettling - but definately not correct and feels nothing like cornering the other way.

*****Typically starts on a largish roundabout near me that's pitted / rutted / grooved. However i'm also aware that in a small car...... that doesn't absorb stuff bigger cars do - it may not actually be starting at the front like i'm imagining. It COULD infact be the rear !!

What do i do ?

A/ Wait until something really starts to go - so i can tell the problem.

B/ Or start with cheapest items: Wheel bearing first ? Followed by droplinks ? Followed by......?

C/ Get my mechanic to get up on the ramps. I've seen them get in suspension legs, drive-shafts, drop-links etc with a bar at MOT time etc. Is it likely you'd notice a small amount of play in some of the parts ?

Or............?????????????????????????????

Yeah if it is concerning you then always best to get it looked at first. I've had something similar recently and had it in with the mechanic. He found the source of the knock but advised it wasn't worth spending the money until it got worse.

He basically said that I was worrying too much... I think when we love our cars so much we listen out for anything and everything and want it to be perfect. Which can get very expensive, especially on older cars...

Check the wheel bearing first, jack up and try and rock the wheel with your hands at the 12 and 6 position, there should be no movement.
Whilst your there check the TREs, holding the wheel at 9 and 3 position rock backwards and forwards. This should help you in diagnosing, the fact that its when you turn the wheel would have me favouring the wheel bearing.

Cheers for your thoughts guys.

Booked in for my slight exhaust blow and mysterious wheel clunk to be diagnosed and sorted !

So figuring even if my problem wasnt a bottom ball-joint this time - i might aswell be pre-armed (Before car goes into garage) as im sure to need one at some time.

So i got one of the below from R-Sport:

_1_zpsnlyzqz0t.jpg

However looking on ebay i've come across this complete arm - supposedly for a 200; which shows a different lower ball-joint with a thread and not a plain shaft like mine:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171882478575?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Have i bought the wrong type, are some of the 200's different, is that a generic picture,or..........?

attachment.php
Yes is correct item purchased as picture showing poking out of the bottom.

Attachments

• springs etc 003.jpg
    springs etc 003.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 27