Replacing the Head Unit on my 197

I purchased a Sony CDX-GT540UI head unit for my 197 thinking I'd be able to fit it myself without any issues, the nice fella behind the counter even sold me an audio lead to connect the unit to my car.

Once I'd got the standard stereo out I realised the lovely lad had gone and sold me the wrong lead as there was no way it was going to fit, so I returned it explaining that it didn't fit. This time I was served but another Halfords plank who sold me another lead that didn't fit.

So I'm currently having to put up with the standard stereo while my Sony one sits in it's box. Can anyone point me in the right direction who isn't a useless muppet?

Cheers,

Nails.

Really do NOT speak to people in Halfrauds completely useless and will hand you any random connector.

You probably want a connects2 adapter CTRN0005 or something I think for 197s.

If you just want power to the headunit then you don't need an adapter, the one that comes with the sony plugs straight into the car loom.

If you want the steering wheel controls you need the adapter mentioned above, it won't bring the track/radio name up on the screen though like the standard one does