Replacing shocks all round tomorrow any tips?

First of all my car is the early 200 so 2009 and early top mount. So I’m replacing all my shock absorbers tomorrow I’ve went for some oe 200 cup shocks all round and cooksport springs, I’m making the change from kw v1 coilovers as both my front springs are broken and also have a knock from a suspected top mount on the n/s. Any tips on getting the front shocks out the hub? I have heard these can be a c*** would I have to compress the spring on the car? Or take hub completely off? Don’t want to damage any ball joints on removal so would like to avoid that I have a 2 post lift

I would also suggest taking it all out as one,anything else you are just making your life harder imo,you can have it all out in about 20 minutes if nothing is seized,at least on mine nothing was,having a strut spreader socket or tool makes it easier taking the shock out,just be careful with compressing the springs and take your time.

PXL-20240119-194942916.jpg

I would also suggest taking it all out as one,anything else you are just making your life harder imo,you can have it all out in about 20 minutes if nothing is seized,at least on mine nothing was,having a strut spreader socket or tool makes it easier taking the shock out,just be careful with compressing the springs and take your time.

PXL-20240119-194942916.jpg
Probably seems the best way to go, how did you disconnect the lower arm without damaging the ball joint? that’s what I was worried about as the suspension arms are 150 a side

Car feels a lot better without the coil overs to be honest, it’s a lot of work though wouldn’t like to imagine how much a garage would charge you in labour