Replace or repair F/O/S wing?

Hi, has anyone has their fromt wing repaired. Mine has a small crack where it meets the bumper. :bumpit:

SMART insurance wont cover it but couple of mobile bumper/scratch repair people have quoted me between 120 to 150 - This include plastic welding the wing, filling and painting.

Not sure whether to have it replaced or repaired and never experienced the 'minor' repair/plastic welding trick. Dont want to make it worse or a repair that is an eye sore as the car is pretty mint apert from the ding.

PS colour is Blue.

Any opinions appreciated.

Last edited:
very likely that need wing replaced.

only problem is that if get repaired, it will might crack again.

If you can source a good plastic welder it's far cheaper. Friend had nearly the same bump and plastic weld and partial spray was £75. Near perfect job

Found a local SMART repair guy who sound good and he did a job few doors down & comes quite highly recomended..

Will give plastic welding a go as ive just had discs, tyres and cambelt+waterpump done. Local body shops also quoted silly money for complete wing and recomended repair first as there is nothing structural there..

Will see how it looks..

cheers chaps.

:smile:

Replace the wing, and dont touch a "smart" repair with a 200ft barge pole.

There isnt such a thing as a "smart" repair, the panel needs repairing then filling, the whole thing flatting, the effected area primered, the colour blowing in and blending then the whole wing lacquered.........anything less and, ringa ding ding "alarm bells".

Last edited:
So spray shack what are you quoting?

Not looking at getting this done until end of april now as it broke down last sunday in manchester and still at renault in mkeynes for another week or so.. not bad considering I owned it for 2 weeks/ did 542 miles has full service and 35k on the clock haha

who is karl.

Thing is if its more than 250, i may as well get it under the insurance and get the stress cracks on the bumper done too.