200: Renewing Extended warranty? Bend over...

stuey

Gold Member
Hi, I have been looking to renew the extended Renault warranty I took out last year, as my car is very near its 4th birthday. I tried to renew through the extended warranty section on the RUK website, but it would not let me. It seems if you are renewing the cover, you need to go through a different link (which I couldnt find until I spoke to Warranty CS). Having now had a look, the cover has gone up from £377 for the first year, to £420 for what they have admitted is a lesser cover. I had no idea the first year is a one shot deal, I thought you could just buy it again on the same basis. Excuses are the car is older now (mileage not considered unless over the limit), and they dont set the prices. Anyone else come across this?

Yes last year the 3 year warranty ran out and reluctantly extended it with Renault. The £377 deal only counts for the first year of extension. Cover is then worse and goes up to £420 for the second year of extension. Each year after could go up more.

You wont get anymore benefit than you would if you took it out with any other none factory warranty. If you really need a warranty shop around.......Even Quentin Wilson sells them!!

You wont get anymore benefit than you would if you took it out with any other none factory warranty. If you really need a warranty shop around.......Even Quentin Wilson sells them!!

do this! or bank the money for when/if it goes wrong!

sometimes keeping up with "planned" maintenance can help avoid unexpected costs...

I am thinking of leaving it now tbh. If it wasnt for the gearbox worries I would not have bothered last time. As Foxspeed says, I have stuck to the schedules, everything has been done at a Renault dealer. So if it goes pear shaped, I expect them to show me the loyalty they demand! I do have some Fuchs synthetic ready to go in which I hope will help prevent any future box issues.

I got 2 years cover for £300 when I bought my 200 in august. It was coming up 4 aswell, and I wouldn't pay the £600 they tried to get out of me and eventually agreed on £300 :smiley: