RenaultSport Vs VXR

Tom

Platinum Member
A friend asked me to shoot his red 197 as he was selling it. I thought I'd use this as a chance to get my other mate involved who owns a red Corsa VXR. I thought this had some good potential as they are very similar cars in quite a few ways (apart from handling trolololol).

The location we originally chose was closed, which was gutting. We ended up driving around for 40 minutes to find another spot but none of us knew the area, the sun was setting and it was getting late, so we ended up picking an old industrial building which made for a crap backdrop, frankly.

I was pretty gutted that a decent idea was more or less ruined, knowing that my friend with the red 197 was selling up and I probably wouldn't get this chance again anytime soon.

It's by far not my best work so comments and criticism are welcomed as always...

9384172067_6e5ebe289f_z.png
RenaultSport VXR Shoot by Tom Cash, on Flickr

9384171585_3a0cfea02f_z.png

9384173245_2d8cc97a0d_z.png

9384172635_9c2ccbd90c_z.png

And here are some of the 197 for my mate.

9386945796_384db13a46_z.png
RenaultSport Clio 197 by Tom Cash, on Flickr

9384169673_9745e9dc9c_z.png
RenaultSport Clio 197 by Tom Cash, on Flickr

Different pictures and a better write-up on my blog: http://www.tomcash.co.uk/renaultsport-vxr-shoot/

Thanks for looking,

Tom.

Always thought the vxr was quicker than my 200 as I had an arctic corsa before this. A lot of people telling me otherwise at FCS so not sure?

Makes you appreciate how similiar they are. When side to side like that i prefer the 197's wheels + arch vent, but the VXR's rear diffuser and boot spoiler :smile:

Great pics Tom, I love the colouring in 3,4,5 though the reds aren't quite consistent between them, but each picture in isolation is brilliant.

Great work :smile:

Really good pictures those Tom and that last one is epic!
Thanks Chris! :smiley:

Good shots tom my fav is 4th one down the 197 looks nice and fat!
Thanks Mark. Yeah, the wide angle made it look beefy!

Nice pics!
Thanks! :smile:

Nice pics but is it really a competition? :wink:
Cheers. :smile:

Always thought the vxr was quicker than my 200 as I had an arctic corsa before this. A lot of people telling me otherwise at FCS so not sure?
I've raced a few Corsa VXRs and never lost. Raced that particular one on track and just lost it. Caught it massively under breaking and in corners. On the straight there was very little in it, but the Clio was faster.
Great Pics bud:clap::clap:
Thanks Lee! :smile:

Makes you appreciate how similiar they are. When side to side like that i prefer the 197's wheels + arch vent, but the VXR's rear diffuser and boot spoiler :smile:
Love the VXR spoiler. Very similar to the new 200 EDC spoiler.

Great pics Tom, I love the colouring in 3,4,5 though the reds aren't quite consistent between them, but each picture in isolation is brilliant.

Great work :smile:
Thanks man, appreciate the honest feedback. They were processed differently due to the lighting in each picture. The sun was a pain in the arse that evening! I thought it was a crap set personally lol!

Very difficult with that lighting, Tom but you did well from my limited/learning curve DSLR knowledge. Just out of interest what camera/lens combo are you using? I'm just getting into it with a Nikon D90, impressed with it so far.