Renaultsport newbie.

Thanks for the welcome guys :smile:.

sounds good,my shoulders are very broad I'm a bit of a gym freak but I'm sure I'll fit my feet was the issue lol.

its annoying every person I speak to say the clios are wicked but I would buy a civic WHY...the civic is way chav compared to the Clio.

ive had a read through the buyer guide looks good not too any issues to look for..the gear box issues are worrying but I can spend 6k I would like a 40ish thousand mile car with recaro's and air con (not too fussed about climate control) but would like cruise control and stuff..

think im being realistic guys?

Well a budget of 6k would get you a 197. Newest 197 is 08, so 40k miles would probably be a bit on the low side, your looking more around 60k miles. 10k a year is average.

Mine is 07 and is 57k which is low. Im sure there will be cars with 40k, but not many.

Oh Jesus lord all mighty out car history is epic! That Sylvia is just sex on wheels.

Welcome along any help you need just shout!

I've seen a few with mid 40's not cup cars though just normal 197's.

im happy with 50k but that's the max I really wana go as I want to keep it a few years like.

i would love a 200 but there 7 odd grand entry level cars...

i cant ant wait to get one of these :smile:

Oh Jesus lord all mighty out car history is epic! That Sylvia is just sex on wheels.

Welcome along any help you need just shout!

Hahaha thanks mate :smile:,I've had other cars like a 206 GTI,golf GT TDI to name a few..I also have access to a very low mile (12,000) mk 1 focus RS my dad has..it's never seen rain either lol that's a fun car! That's 327bhp too..

my main thing is I want red I love red! Would like recaro's but not going to stop me buy a good car because it's not got them .

Best way to be :smile:!!

very much looking forward to driving one of these,just need to find one at a dealer to have a go in lol

I was looking at Cooper works and S3. Went for 197 cup instead. Bought mine Auto Trader £5600 with 47K 2009 with better gear box. (FSH). Have had, WRX STI 555, Fiat Punto GT turbo,Pug 206 GTI SP. Still learning how to drive this car, as a pure go cart, still think the Punto was better. ( same power output !) Will be running my own test soon, to compare their max speeds on a stretch of road, with sharp corner leading onto, straight with kinks and humps. 555=120mph. Punto=110mph. 206=105mph. 197= ?????? The 555 had the benefit of being maxed out in 4th.

What year is the better gear boxes?

i would like an f1..the cup has no air con and stuff..so the f1 will have the seats and all the bits I want..

just finding the right car..I would settle for a 197 if it was good and the price is right.

These and me will gel so well lol I love corners and this will do the job so well and be more then fast enough down B roads..

I would love a cup...seem quite rare with air con though...

i think it will be one of the 3 what ever comes up at the right time with the right miles I will buy.i will prob stick lowering springs on for a 30mm drop and spacers anyway..looks wise I think that's how they look the best.

i cannot wait to own one! My girl has her car up for sale it's a fiat 500 900cc turbo 85bhp.spec'd right up if anyone knows of anyone who wants one it's a late 2012 with 17k on the clock we want £8995 for it she paid £15k I think new.has all the options...once it's sold I will buy her one of these...well I will buy one and let her use it :wink:.

Welcome to the forum.

Being a back to back 197 owner i'll probably come off a bit biased naturally but i can't see how you can compare the EP3 with our car given your car history. Civic is a great engine/gearbox combo stuck in a box, i believe you've had enough of that and on a whole different level lol.

The clio on the other hand is a special car, true french racing dna, it has something to offer that you might have not experienced yet.

PS. I would suggest avoiding engine mods, or doing a great deal of research before doing so, half of the classic NA mods will lose you HP. All the info you will need is on here though :thumbup1:.

Hi guys :smile:!

I fully get you will be biased which is cool I would be too and I actually am lol..but I don't really compare them..I know the Clio is a better handling car..looks better and has a far better spec it was straight line speed I was comparing as the civic as I'm aware would be quicker.as I've said I would way prefer this as I love the way they look,they will be so fun to drive and handle like its on rails.plus it's still comfy I.e cruise control and that..

i have have always wanted a ep3 too but my girl friend who I'm buying the car for (is my car still :wink: ) even prefers this and as you say this will offer me something I've not had.any mods I do I would be careful with anyway..cat back and induction would only be tried and tested stuff along with a map straight away so it's no drama..I think the car standard will do the job well I just like to or should I say have to improve the areas I can..

im im gona look for a F1 in any colour long as it's clean and have decent miles I'll be over the moon!

thanks for the welcome and please educate me I may have a good knowledge base as I've had a few motors and like to know as much as I can't I don't know everything and well I want to know everything about these! So please tell me more :smile: