Renaultsport Monitor

Hi,

Just a quick question.

Has anyone got the Renaultsport monitor on their new 200? I only ask because I've ordered mine with it and was just wondering if anyone had any pictures of it yet?

Also, I've heard the standard stereo is pretty lame, I assume mine will be the same?

Cheers, Jay

Is this the option that beeps to tell you to change gear? I too would like to know this as the car I have yet to collect has not got the monitor.

All 200's come with the beep

It does 0-60 times, lap times on circuit and G meter readings. Also has the Bluetooth phone option built in

Unlike the megane, however, there's no throttle mapping

i have seen it in a new 200.....i would spec it if buying a new one :cloud9:

Anyone found any pics of this at all yet?

There's plenty of the Megane's monitor option, but I can't help but think that it's going to be a little more cheap and cheerful than that given that it's £300 on the Megane as an option and on the Clio it's £400 with the £280 stereo / bluetooth option thrown in....

Cheers for the image, shame there's nothing much about it knocking about on the web when Renault make a big thing of it on the Megane. Shame it's orange rather than pale blue like on the Megane, but I suppose it's more to keep it in line with the Clio's other electronic read outs.

The 'Renaultsport Monitor pack' (@ £400) includes the £280 Touchpoint stereo upgrade, my thoughts are might as well get it for the sake of £120 over an option I'd take anyway.

does it actually work? can u swap between maps like on the megane?

No idea, but try and find anything out about the Clio's RenaultSport Monitor, there's bugger all about it anyway that I could find. :worried:

Can't see it being the same as the Megane's as it's much cheaper, if I definitely go for the Clio, I'll spec it for that price just to see.

Reminds me of when I ordered factory Sat-Nav on my Clio back in '03, the dealer didn't even have a clue what on earth would come on the car! :smile:

lol apart from the ugliest sat nav screen in the world?

No, quite the opposite in my Clio II to be honest, in fact, I wouldn't be at all surprised if whoever is running around in my old motor now didn't spot the Sat-Nav at all, was much nicer and more integrated than the current offering which I think isn't particularly appealing.

Cost enough at the time mind!! But then again 7 years ago there was no such thing as cheap Sat-Nav, glad I got it at the time, but couldn't imaging ordering Sat-Nav fitment on a car now especially when many phones even offer it FOC.

ahh right cus on the 250 u can select sport map or normal driving map. noticeable difference

There is a noticeable difference in the Meg. But it doesn't actually make any difference to the performance of the car. It is solely for throttle response, if its in 'sport' mode and you slightly touch the accelerator it gives full bore straight away. It doesn't change anything else, so not really a big loss IMO. The one thing I would want is the G-meter... Would be so much fun and could be interesting to see the differences between those with coilovers and those without - just to see if there is a real improvement!

on G forced probably not paul cus they are going around the same corner. things like body roll and traction if measurable wud be changed. got in on my i phone and tried it on the toyota LMFAO