Renaultsport gear knob

Buddyboy

Platinum Member
Hi guys I've just bought the alu Renault sport gear knob but it doesn't fit , I have a 57 plate 197. When I look at the standard one it has a rubber centre bit in the middle held in with black plastic around it . The alu one only has blck plastic with no centre piece so it is to big and just lifts of. Has anyone got any photos of how the centre insert should look like on the alu one as when I remove the standard one there is a groove in the stick part . Any help would be great guys as Renault have ordered two and there the same, part no 7711427798.

Hi guys I've just bought the alu Renault sport gear knob but it doesn't fit , I have a 57 plate 197. When I look at the standard one it has a rubber centre bit in the middle held in with black plastic around it . The alu one only has blck plastic with no centre piece so it is to big and just lifts of. Has anyone got any photos of how the centre insert should look like on the alu one as when I remove the standard one there is a groove in the stick part . Any help would be great guys as Renault have ordered two and there the same, part no 7711427798.

From Karl's website: http://www.renaultukparts.co.uk/prod...nob_7711427798

You have made the same mistake I made and ordered the BV5 knob which is meant for the five speed box, you will need to return it and order the BV6 which is made to allow for the reverse lift clip.

Part number : 7711427795

BV5 = 5 speed and no lift clip for reverse

KGrHqZjQE6F7lFWqBOqCCyR9g60_35-1.jpg

BV6 = 6 speed and space for the lift clip, its pretty much just the ally bit on the end. I will post some pics of mine tomorrow or Monday.

KGrHqVHJ0E7OEhVBPDGECMyw60_35-1.jpg

Hope that helps?

Last edited:
Yea thanks but checked box and I have the right part number so local Renault are going to enquire if they've put the wrong items in boxes.