Renault v Ford

Can only comment from experience, as mentioned my friend has one, and on a short road he leaves me, but on a longer road I can pull in 4th, maybe its just the way his map his sat, as said its only from the one car i've seen.

The rumour around poping came from his tuner, he said once you go over 230hp the head gaskets go and the engine is at risk, as said rumour...

i have a friend who has one, since im getting one i wanted to compare..i will say the fiesta leaves the clio standing until you are in the rev band and start to clamber some meteres back..the low down torque is insane, plus when it gets onto over boost it gains all that extra power..they are as quick as each other but i would say the turbo will always be marginally quicker!

and i find that rumour very hard to believe since mountune have already talked about a stage 2 MR kit which would be intercooler, exhaust and map..which being stage 2 would likely see you between 230-240bhp i would imagine.

i have a friend who has one, since im getting one i wanted to compare..i will say the fiesta leaves the clio standing until you are in the rev band and start to clamber some meteres back..the low down torque is insane, plus when it gets onto over boost it gains all that extra power..they are as quick as each other but i would say the turbo will always be marginally quicker!

and i find that rumour very hard to believe since mountune have already talked about a stage 2 MR kit which would be intercooler, exhaust and map..which being stage 2 would likely see you between 230-240bhp i would imagine.

I have no argument against the lower range, we did a quarter mileish distance and the ST pulled from me, I cannot argue that. I just found once you hit speed the clio had the legs, but every car is different.

The comments around the engines going were due to gaskets etc, this is from simple mapping, I am sure Mountune will overcome this issue if they are looking at stage 2, if its a genuine problem that is.

There nice lookung motors. But of course there going to be diffrent, diffrent manufactures, theres 4 years in it. So there going to move on with tech and looks.

My 197 feels me with joy, I don't see any reason to try and find better elsewhere. The grass is not always greener on the other side!

I was really looking forward to seeing the new fiesta ST and it is nice from the rear, but I agree that the front is far too bulky looking and tall making the car look very tall and narrow. needs to be wider. I actually like the front grill but again it looks to beefy and exaggerated for me. Still it does look heaps better than the new Clio.