Renault Service Schedule

Arran

I Love Lamp
Platinum Member
I got my mom to take my Clio in yesterday for a service at Renault Wolverhampton. I told them I didn't need an air filter because of the ITG. So rather than doing the major service they only did a minor service. But there are more things than just the air filter changed on the year 2 service. They've stamped the book, but to me it seems odd that they can just do a minor as apposed to a major and it still be ok under the official schedule. The price difference was £73! So I'm happy in terms of bank balance! What does everyone else think?

looking at the serivce book only difference between 12k/1yr and 24k/2yrs is the air filter and possibly the cabin/pollen filter.

i wouldnt worry - mine has only done 4000m between services this year so i have not changed the oil and filter due to the quality of oil in the engine :thumbup1:

Ye the only difference to the 12k/1year service is that the air filter gets changed and they check the air con, so nothing to worry about as long as they changed the other bits like oil and cabin filter.

Oil and filter havebeen changed, but notthe cabin filter. The a/c was only recently repaired, so I guess they don't need 2 look at that.

I change my oil every 5k what every the service manual says, My 197 just had a major service last week and it had only done 8k since the last one, The oil was blacker than the ace of spades, Doesn't matter what car i've got the oil always gets changed at 5k, Even the mrs fiesta and my kangoo,

Mines done 20k now and it has just had 2 changes. It has only done 7k since the last service though.

i did an oil change every 6000 miles, and doing sometimes 3000 mile a month, it got expensive lol castol sport edge, i should have bought shares lol.

Cabin filter should be changed every 12k/1year service along with the oil on the 197.

If you use your air con all the time like me then I would change it, but don't think it will hurt seeing as the 200 service schedule is now 12k/2years