Renault Leicester AVOID amazing !!!!!

ok, so I thought lets test drive a Clio 200
what with good deals being posted here and 0% finance, i might be tempted.

So arrived at show room empty as normal.
Guy comes up shakes hand, well offers a limp hand :scared: don't you just hate that.

"so" I say "I hear there are good deals on the RS range atm"

"I have not seen any" he says

"Well not deals , but good discounts"

"Discounts, we don't need to do discounts on the RS range"

"Well I have seen 11% off cars at RS dealers but we don't have a local one"

"O yes we are going to be an RS dealer but we failed the exams, so we are not one"

phone rings, he answers, this gets my goat (and dog and cat) as he is then on the phone for 4 minutes, I was about to walk out.

"well can I test drive one"

"not seen an RS clio for months"

"thought you could sell them with no discounts"

"do you want me to have a word with my finance manager"

"No point, I want to test drive one to see if I want to change the 197"

"well I could put you in the diary when we have one in, but I will forget to ring you"

Shocked look by me

"but here is my card why not you ring us in a month"

how about get screwed you complete **** was what I would liked to have said. and walked out.

how to waste 1 hour of my life. :angry:

Had a similar thing when I was looking for my 197 (used tho) - couldn't be bothered to find me one. Put my name down as interested in 2 dealers and no response, even though I checked their websites later and found they had one in.

Their loss, I went elsewhere. If only renault could sort this crappy service all would be well.. its not rocket science!

i hope your gunna put this on the rs forum :wink:

i thought it was a sale persons job to TRY and sell cars.........:blush:

Well Im pretty sure that is textbook 'how NOT to sell!'

Its shocking to hear stuff like that goes on! I cant believe he actually said he will forget to ring you, thats a joke in itself!

Well if they fail the RS dealer exam I hardly want to go there.

And no cars what so ever to test drive.

Best just to avoid the place.

I was in car sales for a while and that is shocking!

No need for him to mention the test fail, He was trying a trick in telling you that the cars sell themselves and dont need discounts poor attempt at adding value to the product,

Some dealers like mine genuinly only see pre purchased RS's so getting a TD is difficult as not all dealers are freindly enough to lend one another a car if they have one,

However you should have been told that he would try his best to get you one and call you if he does,

Big fat FAIL on the salesmans part there,

ok, so I thought lets test drive a Clio 200
Guy comes up shakes hand, well offers a limp hand :scared: don't you just hate that.

YES!!! Ive always found a good firm "crush" of their dainty offering does wonders :smiley:

Doesnt sound far wrong from the experience i had with the dealership at Chesterfield.

Spent and hour and a half with some old chap who just kept getting confused by the computer, and had to be helped by some greasy young chap whos only interest was the Autocar Focus/Clio vid on YouTube.

Then gave me a ridiculous monthly price to pay for the car and somehow bizzarly cover paying off my old car! Worked out about £800 per month :001_huh: which i just wanted P/X on?

Then said unless we can sort this out, i cant have a test drive....

So i said, quote me for the car with no P/X and ill sell my car private... figures were good... but still cant have a test drive, as i would need to sell my car first :001_huh:

But i was offered to "have a look" at the car... which was a shit tip and had about 40quid of change and other shite stacked inside :001_huh:

I walked away.. said i would call him later....

Then i went to Mansfield :smiley:

I hate that dealer so much, I had loads and loads of hastle with our first R27 during which they treated me like s***. And I've been in for a test drive in a 200 twice and been met with a similar situation as you.

I can not put into words how much I hate Reanult Leicester and how poorly they treat their customer. A friend of mine has a 197, the service department put 30 miles on his car during a "test drive" after some warranty work. Shocking

Phone RUK customer services complaints. There are so many UK businesses today, that have no concept of what quality or customer service translates to. They learn from each other, and generations grow with it and learn to accept it. Stories like that are disgusting. I am dealing with RUK over matters concerned with two dealers I have visited, and they are taking it very seriously.

It's almost a moral obligation to report this incident...

my experiance with Renault Leicester is shite as well,

when i was looking to do my Recaro,s ( leather ) i was in there for an hour and the customer service was shocking. i walked out in the end and took my custom else where.

i ended up going to Loughborough Renault which were fantastic and very helpfull couldnt do enough to help. i go there every time now for all my work even tho its 20-30 odd miles out my way.

Same here mate. I use Renault goscote all the time now they're brilliant I refuse to go into Renault Leicester

I'm glad i've read this thread as i'll need to find a good place to get my car serviced at some point.
It's funny really, as back in 2002 i went to the Leicester dealer to look at the 172 when they were new. The guy dismissed me straight away when i enquired about a test drive and said that he couldn't get one in for me to take out. I walked away thinking that he was a prat. The following weekend i test drove a Cooper and placed a deposit down for a new one. I remember thinking then that i never want to give any of my money to the Leicester dealership. Glad to hear positives about the Loughborough and Goscote though.

Hate hearing bad stories about dealerships like this. I work for a main dealer and know that none of this would happen at mine.

When i bought my 197 the guy was a bit sarcastic to me... I said i was interested in the 197's he had in stock. He the proceded to point the 4 197's parked in a row but saying, "theres one there, one there, one there and one there". At this point i thought **** and lost any respect for him. Chatted about figures etc., was paying cash so asked about discounts. Time came to ask for a test drive, his response was "are you buying the car" to which i replied "not sure if i like the car so need to drive it", he comments, "if you do like it, are you buying it?". At this point i raised my voice a little and said "just let me drive it and then i'll decide".

Needless to say i came back from the test drive and bought it, but was there any need for him to be a **** with me. Quite clearly weren't a messer.

i remember when i went in to buy my 197 the dealer came straight upto me with a smile and was talking to me asking what i was interested in etc offered me a brew aswell and after having it for just under a year she even phoned me asking if i wanted to upgrade to the 200 :smile:

walk round the car lot and climb in and out of a few cars ideally with a terminal screwdrver sticking out your pocket, i find this very satisfying. :biggrin:

Best trick is to pull up at the garage in your boss' BMW 5 Series. Im only 20 so god knows what they were thinking.

I walked over to a 182 and a guy came scuttling out and just said id like to test drive it please.

He took my name and address etc and off we went no questions asked! :smiley:

That was then followed by a 197 test drive.

When he was getting the 197 ready he forgot there was a flag weighted down underneath the back tyre (must have been excited) and that went tumbling into some poor old fellas Citroen Picasso side window! :lol:

Prices were shocking there so i bought private!

I had been talking to my local dealer about a 197 for a couple of months, he was un able to give me test drive due to no one in the area or scotland having one. But after talking to him one saturday, got a phone call on the sunday to go and see him. Walked in sat down at his table, got a form put in front of me and told to sign it. It was the order form for my car. He said he was quiting on monday and he had gave me a heafty discount. 30 odd % also said that the car would be 3 months delivery, so would arrange a courtesy car mean while since i had sold my furby. Not bad service. Best bit was when i asked what colour i was getting. He replied Albi blue, but don't ask what it was like cause he was colour blind. lol.