Renault extra warranty

I brought a Clio 197 with a year warranty they put on my ac has gone and they said its not covered I know it's cheap to refill but I paid extra for warranty. I'm also guessing if I lower the car my warranty will be void?

I brought a Clio 197 with a year warranty they put on my ac has gone and they said its not covered I know it's cheap to refill but I paid extra for warranty. I'm also guessing if I lower the car my warranty will be void?

Im pretty sure I'm right in thinking that you only void the warrenty for anything that is directly affected by your modification.

For example, if you lowered your car and then had a problem with the drive shafts then you would not be entitled. But if you lowered your car and then had a warranty issue with the stereo this would not be a problem.

Extended warranties aren't worth the paper they're written on.

The longer they are, the more that is excluded.

I had my car 30 days and the handbrake and drivers door handle went - £300 worth of repairs and it wasn't covered by my extended warranty.

Only because I played my face they give me a £200 discount.

Wouldn't waste your money fella - or at least read through the exclusions first!

Surely an aircon regas wouldn't be covered anyway? It's a wear and tear item as far as I'm concerned? You should have the A/C system serviced the same way you should the engine.

You wouldn't expect them to pay for a 12k oil change would you?

My ac broke :/ and it's booked in next wed but I been told its not covered by the warranty but I've had the car little over a month and first time I use it, nothing do may ring Renault uk and complain they sold me a dodge car

I can get it regassed for 30 quid like but just see what I can get out of Renault

Last edited:
Extended warranties aren't worth the paper they're written on.

Wouldn't waste your money fella - or at least read through the exclusions first!

The renault one seems ok, an extension of the three year one, got mine just before they started the 4 year warranty ad campaign.

I'm very happy with mine to be honest,everything is getting fixed under warranty.Having said that i know warranty issues in the UK are never favorable towards the customer...

My ac broke :/ and it's booked in next wed but I been told its not covered by the warranty but I've had the car little over a month and first time I use it, nothing do may ring Renault uk and complain they sold me a dodge car

I can get it regassed for 30 quid like but just see what I can get out of Renault

Its 30 quid, seriously! :nope:

I have a 3 year warranty / 36K miles on my car - and it is the 'platinum' cover which seems to pretty much cover every mechanical part except tyres, brakes and fair wear & tear.

I don't know how good it actually is as I've never claimed on it, but it seems reputable enough.

To be honest I hope I never have to claim on it, but I suspect I am going to have to report on the gearbox if it gets any worse....

ok first thing first. Regassing the aircon is NOT covered by the extended warranty, obviously. If the aircon packs up then yes, it will be covered unless ofcourse a stone makes a hole to the compressor etc. I have ''Renault for you'' extended warranty and they are good as gold. Claims so far;

Door remote lock switch
Brake light switch that would cause error information to come up in the dashboard
Steering rack link (that was a neary £300 job)
Track Rod (£170)
And I've booked for an aircon issue, it does a dodgy noise when on.

Bear in mind that the last two jobs were done at an independent garage and NOT in a Renault dealer that made it even more handy. The mechanic talked to the appropriate people, he got the authorisation, job done. I payed for the investigation though which was expected. I'm so renewing the warranty when it expires. £420 for a year, £42 per month for 10 months and you got peace of mind plus cover. Oh yes:smile:

I have had several fights with renault about my aircon, the first being that it never worked and made a funny noise, they said they would charge me amount to gas to see if there is a problem, my point being is that your stuck with them gassing it - as if you get it done somewhere else (cheaper) they turn round and say we have to do it. Not fair that, after a few phone calls to renault - they gassed the car up - and found that the compressor was faulty - new one put in. same thing a few months later - no gas left, took it back up - they came out with the whole it needs to be used etc or it will let the gas out blah blah. so after explaining it has just had a new compressor and shouldnt let out gas they quickly sorted it out! and touch wood its been fine. Just persist with them!!

As for the warranty - i took it out, came to £330 for me for the year, and i have the invoice and letter stating renault sport - so somehow i got it for the same price as a normal clio. its exactly the same as Renaults warranty - so anything covered under that should be under the extended one.

As for the warranty - i took it out, came to £330 for me for the year, and i have the invoice and letter stating renault sport - so somehow i got it for the same price as a normal clio. its exactly the same as Renaults warranty - so anything covered under that should be under the extended one.

Mine was the same, i did it through renaultsport site, the link they gave me was to another renault site.

I put my registration number in, it came up with my car a 'renaultsport clio 197 cup' and no choice for payments, just one price £240 and the chance to pay in 10 instalments.

Then i find someone had to pay, IIRC over £400 for their clio, my letter has all my details on and the correct car.