Removing the front two vents

Hi, how do you go about removing the front two vents either side of the diamond? I want to spray them black to match my new badge.

I removed both of mine in seconds, no messing about taking the bumper off.

Give them a good pull from the front and they'll just clip out.

awaits the 'where to i get new front grilles from' post as you have snapped the clips on yours. lol

Grip the lower part and pull out from the bottom first, you'll be fine.

How do you plan spray em (don't say with paint:lol:smile: do you just plan to clean them up, light sand then just a couple of coats? Or have ŷôü a preferred method? Not really clued up on spraying.

When i took mine off, they had gone grey i just washed them in some warm soapy water and gave them a couple of coats of satin black.

cupped_up015.jpg

yeah as you have mentioned mate. Light sand, give them a clean, the primer, then gloss black and then lacquer

Nice one Chris I had a feeling that was something like. You'll have get some pics up when they done pal.
When i took mine off, they had gone grey i just washed them in some warm soapy water and gave them a couple of coats of satin black.

cupped_up015.jpg

These look perfect. you just soaped and sprayed :blush:hmy: no primer or sanding or anything?

well had a quick go of trying to pull the grills out earlier ........ no joy i got a crack which didnt sound too good so i decided to regroup and come up with a new plan (try again tomorrow and failing that wait till weekend to take bumper off:tongueout:)

Pull them from bottom corner near the headlight, no good trying to pull from the top due to the way they're clipped in

Looks pretty spot on. Was worried spraying them black would make them look out of place compared to other plastic finish parts on the car like the lower grill. You got a few more pics??