Removing Lower Valance?

Looking at buying a 197 CUP but it has the lower Valance fitted, the RenaultSport one (they do the side skirts too)

Hows it fitted and can it be removed? Does something get taken off when its fitted too? Im not sure if i like it or not yet, so i was wondering what the procedure would be if i wanted to take it off.

For anyone that doesn't know what i mean, its this.. (Not the car im buying btw)

media?id=1085203134.gif

usually bolted and glued on

you will have 2 bolt holes on the sides of the front bumper (via front wheelarch liner) also depnds if its been glued on - look underneath it and it should give you a clue

the rubber lip on the lower edge of the bumper is removed to fit it and it costs a few £££ to replace if you havent got it

Last edited:
Cool, so what would i need to return it fully back to standard? (ie, so you couldnt even tell it was there)

A new lower bumper bit? Cheers.

Cool, so what would i need to return it fully back to standard? (ie, so you couldnt even tell it was there)

A new lower bumper bit? Cheers.

If it aint glued, by the sounds of it, you should be fine. Undo a couple of bolts etc. If its glued however, you might have a tough time getting it off, and could potentially ruin the bumper.

Garr, looks like it'll be more expensive than i thought. :worried:

Might leave it on, they aren't that bad.

lol,

you could always swap the front bumper for someone that wants the cup splitter, straight bumper swap could be easier. :wink:

just a thought. :worried:

Ahh good idea i suppose, might be worth looking into.

Its not great, but its not that bad either. I've not seen it in the flesh though, so might change my mind. :smiley:

Thanks for all your help. :thumbup1:

its a good piece of kit and is well made and fits great

for me it makes the front end look a bit more aggressive :biggrin: