Standard rear box is one piece.

Attachments

• exhaust 016.jpg
    exhaust 016.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 159
  • exhaust 015.jpg
    exhaust 015.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 153
If it's the original system it can't come out in 1 piece due to the rear beam. It needs to be cut just before the beam to remove.

two options -

drop rear suspension to get it out

cut the system just before the rear axle to get it out

That's strange, mine was joined between rear box and centre section. Just unclamped and pulled out as above images.

That's strange, mine was joined between rear box and centre section. Just unclamped and pulled out as above images.
It's either been removed before to fit an aftermarket system or its a pattern part exhaust. If it's a pattern part I am interested to know who made it as there doesn't seem to be much (if any choice)

It's either been removed before to fit an aftermarket system or its a pattern part exhaust. If it's a pattern part I am interested to know who made it as there doesn't seem to be much (if any choice)
Just been out to the shed to check. Would appear, all Renault, but has been cut like you said, then later reinstalled. Brings me onto a question though ! If in the past a car has had aftermarket exhaust system, air induction kit and remap, then returned to standard,how will it react ? Also then going back the other way again ? Hope that makes sence !

Just been out to the shed to check. Would appear, all Renault, but has been cut like you said, then later reinstalled. Brings me onto a question though ! If in the past a car has had aftermarket exhaust system, air induction kit and remap, then returned to standard,how will it react ? Also then going back the other way again ? Hope that makes sence !
What state is it in now ? If it's been remapped for mods that are no longer there , it may well be down on power.

What state is it in now ? If it's been remapped for mods that are no longer there , it may well be down on power.
Allways seemed pretty ok to me. Added K&N panel filter, then better throttle response. Now added Milltek non res plus de cat pipe. She feels much more powerfull. Never had the usual flat spot, but now stutters sometimes, can drive around it though. Need to get on rollers to see where she's at.

Here is where to cut the back box so that new genuine pipe work will match and make your old exhaust more sellable this is a new genuine back box clio197 measured against.

Web197BackBox.jpg
Web197BackBoxCut.jpg