Recaros or not

Jesse James

Platinum Member
Hi I have currently got the full leather interior on my 197 but have the chance to get some Recaros. What you think do I or don't I. I want your help please.

Hi I have currently got the full leather interior on my 197 but have the chance to get some Recaros. What you think do I or don't I. I want your help please.

They werent for me im afraid, just couldnt get comfy in them

Have a sit make sure they fit you.

It would be a no brainier for me, I haven't got them on the 200 as I thought they were cloth on the back and the kids would ruin them.

They are standard on the trophy and my god they are sooooooo much better!

Recaros all the way, I find them very comfortable and do more miles than most people, not only that they are much more suoportive when giving it beans.

However it is all down to personal preference. Best you go with your gut feeling.

I had them in the clio and i have them in the Meg, fantastic and look brill

Personally i cant stand them they are hard and uncomfortable but each to there own :thumbsup:

Hence why I'm making the trip to brummy to give the man some more comfortable seats :smile:

I can't wait to have recaros in mine, spent too long sitting in Mikelyr27's clio thinking wish mine had recaros!

Are you going to do a swap or sell the leather interior? Might be interested in swapping my cloth interior for your leather one (with a little cash) if it is something that you have thought about.

Do you have any pics?

After sitting in mine, I wouldn't buy another 197/200 without them.

Only had the car a couple of weeks but did a 360 mile trip (North Wales and back) at the weekend and they were extremely comfortable, even after walking the whole Snowdon Horseshoe they felt perfect.

Just get them, spend some time getting them into the correct position and you won't regret it!

I love them as much as I hate them (just because of the lousy OEM trim quality):

42101810150567527848187.jpg

Definitely best OEM seats in hothatchs.

Definatley does seem to be "horses for courses" and all that.

get your buttocks in some to compare.

Definitely this.

Despite the obvious lust for them amongst owners, the standard chairs;

• hold you more than well enough for serious track use
  • can be adjusted to sit you lower than Recaros
  • don't suffer the premature wear issues
Factor in the material increase in cost and the value of Recaros is debatable.

Only you can decide.

You've gotta go for 'em.

Imo, it'll be half the car it should be without them.

After sitting in mine, I wouldn't buy another 197/200 without them.

^^^ This. They fit me just fine, I've done lots of 300+ mile trips in them for long commutes, track days and driving days and absolutely love them!

BUT like people have said they don't fit everyone, I'm a short arse and fairly slim so for me the added bolsters is a welcome change from sliding around in normal seats. And compared the every other bucket seat I've sat in (and I've sat in a fair few) they're easily the most comfortable I've been in.

I personally love my Recaro's.

I've spent all day in them a few times and never suffered from back ache. I usually suffer from back ache quite easily so did give the Recaro's serious thought before ordering the 200 with them. So far I don't regret doing so and I feel like you have more control of the car in the bends oddly which is probably do to the little movement you get in them when cornering hard.

Personally I think the 200/197 look a million times better with the Recaro's but the Leather Seats are pretty sexy looking though probably very hot in the summer!