Recaro Seat Runners - Info / Help Needed.

MarcB

Paid Member
Im looking to see if its possible to strip down these runners for my CS seats.
They are a little overdue a wee refurbishment and have been like this since I bought the car.

I have a couple of questions.

1, Can any MK3 call seat runner fit or does it have to be from a Recaro CS ?
2, Are these runners easy enough to take off ?
3, Are the seat runners interchangeable between driver / Passenger sides ?

Like I say im looking to strip these down, have them blasted and then powered coated or painted.

IMG_3027.JPGIMG_3028.JPGIMG_3029.JPGIMG_3030.JPG

The runners in all the Mk3 Clio's are the same standard and Recaro but they are sided. I would be worried about repainting and keeping paint thickness without jamming the mechanism. Why not look for a fresher car with good slide rails, the only thing I can say is the bar you can see in your photo is stepped upwards that's to go over the under seat amplifier or storage box. The leather Clio 200 seats that I got have a straight bar as the radio options on the phase 2 models are different but I was able to dismantle and swap the bar the so I got the Cabasse radio 6 disk Amp under the drivers seat which officially was an impossible factory option combination. It limits the slide forward on the drivers seat but manageable, but if the amp was mounted under the rail tabs and lowered buy a 1cm or so should give enough clearance for full travel. The black cap ends are missing on yours if I find a set I'll post them to you also I would try Anodizing instead of painting I will have a good look I have managed to find original 197 Recaro fabric from another Renault but if anyone has a 197 Recaro seat back with a good internal right panel let me know as I do not have a long wide enough piece.

1596968560740.png

So if anyone has the internal panel or a cover with one that is highlighted as I have a cover that was storage damaged basically cut above the harness hole but I can repair the outside normally wearing edges. Now I will have to post those plastic ends using your posting for advertising.

1596969082490.png

Reactions: Sean197

Similar Thread Suggestions