rear strut brace

I am on the case with them at the minute, approx £50-60 for a poweder coated part ready to bolt in

that brace above looks very nice, but it is mounted to the rubber top mounts of the shocks so not really a functional strut brace, it needs to be mounted between the steel panels of the turret area, making it a functional brace. Roll cages don't fix to the front suspension top mounts, they are positioned on the turret itself, much like front strut braces bolt to top of turrett, not the top mount.

I will have some pictures of our version available Monday so will post them up.

Cheers

Bic

What sort of handling benefits are you likely to see with these?

its not exactly bad as standard - rarely gonna get close to the limits of the car outside of a track - having said that they look great - might have to get a racing blue one just for a bit of bling

that brace above looks very nice, but it is mounted to the rubber top mounts of the shocks so not really a functional strut brace, it needs to be mounted between the steel panels of the turret area, making it a functional brace. Roll cages don't fix to the front suspension top mounts, they are positioned on the turret itself, much like front strut braces bolt to top of turrett, not the top mount.

I will have some pictures of our version available Monday so will post them up.

Cheers

Bic

It's not mounted to the rubbers its mounted to the top of the struts themselves, connecting the two together to reduce lateral movement.

It mounts the same as Most OMP, Sparco strut braces do, whilst the ones you have shown brace only the rear turrets, not aiming directly at the desired goal of bracing the struts together.

That style of brace and as you said with the fronts mounting on the turrets, these are usually built like this as a compromise due to mounting directly onto the strut not being feasible.

Not only that, but with a front brace they are usually mounted on a flat surface, close to the angle of the suspension turret, thus benefiting from strength of the structure of the turret its self. whilst the rear ones would be bolted to the flat sides of the turret, which doesnt have the strength of the top of a front turret and will flex slightly under force. And because the strut tops are not braced togeather they will still be allowed to float around slightly due to the rubber mounts.

Whilst being cheeper and having the desired effect of "bracing the struts" togeather, it also does not require drilling, and penitrating the body work, into an area exposed to the worse of the elements.

earpl - I stand corrected, I couldnt make that out from the pic. I agree, there will be plenty that may well prefer to not drill their shell no doubt too. Will bare this in mind with our version.

sorry for delay on picture, will get on it.

But these cars have such stiff shell anyway I really fail to the see point unless it's for showing off to the girls at the local Maccy D's.

:confused1:

But these cars have such stiff shell anyway I really fail to the see point unless it's for showing off to the girls at the local Maccy D's.

:confused1:

As stiff as it is. Its bracing the strut tops together, which are mounted in the rubber bush (well my one is).

But to you original point, why do they cage, gusset and seam weld them? Apart form safety of course?

But to you original point, why do they cage, gusset and seam weld them? Apart form safety of course?

Because of the significantly increased torsional loadings resulting from running increased camber and slicks I'd imagine.

You won't (or certainly shouldn't) get anywhere near those sorts of loadings on the road and a degree of pliance is a good thing. The rears on these are lively enough without taking out that "give".

Even for regular circuit work they've an incredibly stiff shell for a road car.